Ch. 8 - Start the Game

*About a month later*

Jimin P.O.V

"Hana?"

"Yes?" My hair stylist looks down at me. "Did I pull too hard?"

"No, I just want to ask you a question. You can keep going."

Hana resumes combing my hair to the side. "What's up?"

I furrow my brows and blurt out the questions that I had kept to myself for the last two hours. "Where's Hyemi? Why isn't she here?"

She doesn't pause and just gives me a reassuring smile. "She's just out with Namjoon's makeup artist to get last-minute makeup supplies at the mall. They'll probably be back in ten minutes. Don't worry."

"Oh," I mutter, trying to appear nonchalant. But inside, I'm secretly relieved. I didn't see her bright smile greet me in the morning and was a bit worried.

"Why do you ask?" Hana smirked. "Are you worried?" She suddenly gasped dramatically, drawing attention from other staff. "Do you care for her?"

I rolled my eyes and hid my feelings. "Pfft. In your dreams."

She grinned slyly. "Are you sure?"

"Yes."

No.

Hana grinned. "Aww, does Jiminie have feelings for Hyemi?"

I glare at her. "I refuse to answer that question."

She was just my friend. That's all.

Right?

Before she could embarrass me any more, Hyemi came into the studio with Soomi, (Namjoon's artist), panting and catching her breath. She had numerous small bags in her arms, proof that she had visited a lot of makeup shops.

"We're back!" she cries out. All the makeup artists simultaneously ran up to her, getting the bags full of supplies thanking her for going out to get them. The girls took a few products that they needed and headed back to their boys, relief written on their faces.

Hyemi scurries over to my station, cheeks flushed. "Hey, Hana. I'm sorry that you had to do the hair first. I'll take over now."

Hana smiles. "No problem. Call me when you're done."

Hyemi nods and starts looking through drawers, setting a few bottles on the table finding a few brushes. I inspect her, watching her every movement.

She looks quite pretty with pink cheeks. Her hair was a little messed up but somehow it made her look more attractive. She ran her hands through the black strands and sighed, then turned to me.

"So. Tour kickoff today, right? Isn't that exciting?"

I nod and smirk. "It's also the start of our game."

Her eyebrows furrow. "What game?"

I roll my eyes. "Pabo. The betting game we agreed to a month ago."

"Ah. Right." She busied herself and started smearing my face with a weird liquid. "What are we betting on today?" she asks.

I think for a bit. "How about... if something will go wrong during the show?"

She nods her head. "Okay. I say that nothing will go wrong and that it will be a perfect kickoff."

I shrug. "I say that something will go wrong. Maybe our mics won't work at some point or our clothes are restricting our dancing."

She smacks my head. "Aish, have faith in your staff, Jimin. They work hard."

"True," I say. "But I don't have another choice, do I? You chose the best option so I have to settle with this."

I stick my tongue out at her and she giggles. "Whatever."

------------

*A couple hours later*

Hyemi P.O.V

"Okay boys, you're on in five. Hyemi, finish up and let them get in their positions."

The boys were under the stage on a rising platform, ready to lift them up onto the stage. Their fans were screaming and cheering, anticipating their arrival.

I nod and speed-check the boys, patting their foreheads with cloths and putting on final touches. As I check for imperfections on Taehyung's face, (there were none), he spoke.

"Hyemi?"

I look into his eyes. "Yes? Is there something wrong?" I inspect him up and down. "Your clothes seem to be fine."

"Nothing's wrong. I just wanted to ask you a question."

I grin. "Ask away. What's up?"

"Do you like Jimin hyung?"

I freeze and think for a bit. "As a friend, yes. Why?"

He looks down at his feet. "Nothing."

I shrug it off and move on to Jungkook, who I softly scold. "If you get tired, just tell us and we'll think of something to distract the audience. We need to keep you alive and healthy, so if you don't feel so good, tell us. Don't pass out like you did last time, okay? We care about you and I'm sure-"

"Okay, noona," he says softly. "I'll tell you."

I nod curtly and pat his arm. "Good. Now go have some fun!" I bow to all the boys and address them. "Good luck guys! Fighting!" They thank me and I scurry off to the sidelines where I can watch them.

There were a few minutes before the concert started, so I took this moment to catch my breath. I spotted Jimin fiddling with his mic, ready to speak to his fans. Our eyes meet and he winks, making me roll my eyes. "Good luck," I mouth, and he nods. The platform starts to rise but before he disappears completely, I see him mouth a few words.

"I'm gonna win."

--------------------

A/N:

I feel like I'm writing a scene from the Hunger Games.

Smh.

;_;