Ch. 9 - Kickoff

Hyemi P.O.V 

"HELLO ARMY!" 

I hear Namjoon's voice over the speakers and the crowd's response. After a few moments, the cheering and screaming quieted down enough for him to continue. 

"We are so excited to kick off our world tour with you! Who's ready?" 

The cheering that responded was ten times louder than before. 

"Alright, let's get started!" 

The lights dim and I saw the boys sink into the starting stance of their choreography. I watch over them, anxious. 

What if their makeup melts under the lights? 

What if Jin looses his shoe again?

What is Jimin's button-up somehow slips off?

I snort at that thought. 

ARMY would sure like that. It'll be all over the internet in seconds. 

The music starts and the concert begins, signaling the start of their world tour. 

Throughout the concert, I admire their slim figures and angelic voices, knowing that I could watch them perform a thousand times more. The sidelines has the best view. 

As they start singing their third song, Soomi calls me over. "Hyemi, come here and watch with me." I scurry over to where she stood, surprised when I realized the view there was better. 

"Woah," I breathe. "They look like angels." 

Soomi hums in agreement and sighed. "It's such a pity that we can't date them." She clutches her heart dramatically. "I have to see Namjoon's handsome face everyday and know that I can never have him." 

I laugh. "Just wait until they come back from the army. Imagine the muscles they'll have..." 

She groans and hold her hand up. "Stop. Let's not dwell on painful things." I grin but say nothing. She studies me carefully. "Aren't you obsessed with the boys like the rest of us are?" 

I shrug. "Not really. They're cute, I'll give you that. But I applied for a job, not an affair. My sister was actually the one who told me to apply." I roll my eyes. "She thinks that me working here will improve her chance of meeting her idols." 

Soomi nods. "I see." 

A comfortable silence followed while we continued watching the boys. They danced with energy and enthusiasm, giving the performance their best. I spot Jimin flowing with the choreography, moving with ease. His eyes are shining and he seems like he enjoys this moment. When it's his turn to sing, he takes a breath and starts his solo. An angelic voice rings through the stadium, bouncing off the walls and echoes to my ear. Goosebumps rise on my arm when he hits a high note, making me unconsciously applaud. Soomi notices and grins. 

"He's good, huh?" 

I nod, still in awe. I've watched their live performances on YouTube but listening to it live was a totally different experience. They have an energy and emotion that cameras can't catch. You see it in their eyes. 

The song ends and their fans cheer in approval, screaming and shouting. I then realize that it's intermission. 

I glance at Soomi. "Don't we have to retouch makeup?" 

She nods. "Let's go." 

We run under the stage and see the boys appear, coming down on the lowering platform. Stylists usher them off into separate areas where they can catch their breath. I separate from Soomi and squeeze through staff to get to Jimin. 

I find him panting and sweating, rubbing himself with a with towel. 

"Aish, Jimin! Don't rub your hair," I hear Hana groan. I grab my supplies and flew to Jimin where he was now being blowdried by an annoyed Hana.

 As soon as Jimin notices me, he grins. "Hyemi!" 

I return his smile. "Hey, Jimin!" I took a small white towelette and proceeded to wipe his sweat away from his face. "You were great!" 

He nods. "I know." 

I laugh and wipe his face while Hana re-did his hair. "Don't overexert yourself. I don't want something to go wrong," I tease. 

He roll his eyes. "Maybe I will just to win." He looks at my expression and grins. "I'm kidding." 

"Whatever," I mutter. 

"Hana, come'er for a sec," Manager Min says. 

Hana quickly finishes doing Jimin's hair and scurries over. "Coming!" 

While Hana left, I peer at Jimin's face. "I think you're fine now. Just take a quick break. Do you want some water?" 

He shakes his head. "I'm okay. Just stay with me." 

I nod. "Okay. But only if you sit." His health was my number one priority. 

He sat on a nearby chair while I found a counter to sit on. He lets out a sigh and groans. "The tour is going to be so tiring." 

"Because of all the different time zones?" 

"Yeah." 

I nod in understanding. "But it'll be over in three months. Before you know it, we're done." 

He shrugs. "I guess." 

I studied him in confusion. He wasn't very enthusiastic like the other maknaes. "Aren't you happy that you're going on tour? It'll be a good experience, you know." 

He sighs. "Yeah, but what will happen after that? We don't have enough time to plan out another tour. I think..." He hesitated. "I think this may be our last tour." 

My eyes widened. "Why?"

--------------------

A/N:

We all know that this day will come. 

When BTS has their last fan meet, last concert, last album, last v-live, last hug together. I'm crying ;_;

Let's not talk about this. 

BUT THEY'LL LOOK SO HAWT IN THE UNIFORMS JKJNOAUBGO