|| Chapter 21.5 ||

Start from the beginning

"Please don't cry. I just had a weird dream and started babbling dumb stuff." The purple eyed male lied, trying to calm Loraine down as he gently pat her head, soon running his fingers through her silky blonde hair. "Forget what I just said, alright?"

* * *

Aaron had just come to get you for your shift at guarding. You wished Camilla a good night before exiting the tent. The caramel haired female peeked outside and watched the two of you leave. Your Lucario also got closer to your best friend and watched as you and Aaron stopped in order to talk with Doni and the other Lucario. The blond knight unexpectedly left without even conversing, heading straight for his tent while the other Pokémon seemed to be arguing.

Camilla could have imagined it, but she thought she heard your Lucario sigh before the mostly blue creature left the tent. The chestnut brown eyed girl didn't feel like sleeping yet nor to be in this tend on her own, so she exited it as well, sneaking towards Doni's shared tent with Aaron. Once there she looked around just to be sure no one would see her and get the wrong idea. She took a deep breath and stepped inside.

"Knock knock, I'm coming in.~" She hummed playfully and was greeted by the sight of Doni sitting on his sleeping bag, still wearing his red knight attire. The blond was a bit surprised at his sudden visitor but not displeased. Quite the contrary, actually. „Don't you know what it means when a girl visits a guy in the middle of the night?"

"Well, that isn't the case here, so I'm not worried." The caramel haired female replied, looking around, not knowing where to sit down since she didn't want to intrude on Aaron's privat things. Doni noticed and gestured the girl to sit on his sleeping bag before he got up only to slip out of his clothes. The male was soon left shirtless and sat back down on Aaron's sleeping bag next to Camilla whose face had gotten slightly pink. "You should be worried though."

"Anyway, did something happen?" Doni asked, assuming that might have been the reason behind the caramel haired female coming to his tent. The girl shook her head as a sigh escaped her lips before letting herself fall on the spot the blond knight usually slept on. "Not really. Y/N left and so did Aaron. I figured you felt lonely, so I came to check on you."

"You're not so good at lying." The blue eyed male chuckled, now starting to think that Camilla really had pure intentions this time. Not that she's ever really had inappropriate ones to begin with. "Then what would you like to do? Your wish is my command.~"

"Hm.~ Let's just talk a little. You know, to get to know each other even better." The chestnut brown eyed female suggested, turning her head in Doni's direction. The male found that a rather good idea to start things, so he made himself comfortable and lied down on his stomach. "Alright, let's turn it into a game: You ask a question, I reply and ask you another question next."

Camilla couldn't hold back a small laugh at their rather childish way of spending time, but in her opinion this was something she needed to do if she wanted to know more about the man she loved and the past that has made him distrust people. Maybe a better way to put things wasn't to say that he distrusts people, but the possibility of romantic feelings arising. Love in general. "You're half Italian, correct? Which of your parents is Italian?"

"My dad is, but my Mom has learned to speak it too after living together with him for so long." The blond knight replied, surprised to hear that this was Camilla's first question. Every time any other girl had asked him things about himself, it would usually be stuff like 'How many girls have you dated' or 'What's your type'. Those sorts of questions, so it felt heartwarming to see that the caramel haired female was also interested in his background and family. "What about your parents, are they from Rota?"