Chapter 32: The Brother

Karson

"C'mon wake up," I said shaking the sleeping Everly.

"Go away." She groaned.

"Get up! School starts in 10 minutes!"

"Wah?!" She said shooting up from the bed. "What're you doing in my room!"

"Kim let me in." I shrugged.

"Ugh, I swear.. Now get OUT! I HAVE TO CHANGE!"

"Fine," I mumbled stepping out of her room and closing the door. And a few minutes later she stepped out in a long sleeve blue turtleneck and black leggings.

"What day is it?" She asked yawning.

"March 23rd." I said smiling, waiting for her to register it.

"I'M 17!" She yelled.

"Happy Birthday!" I said wrapping her in a hug.

"Thanks!"

"Now let's go to school."

"Ugh school. It's my birthday, do I have to go?" She groaned her grumpy attitude returning.

"Yes. But we can do whatever you want when schools over."

"Mmm fine," She said walking down the stairs and grabbing an apple she walked outside to see a glistening white Cadillac. "Did you get a new car?" She asked, glowering in jealousy.

"Nope. It's yours."

"I- what? Oh no, you did not buy me a car!"

"Well, not exactly. Everyone pitched in."

"Who do you mean by everyone?"

"You know, me, Alex, Kim, Joe, Mia, Molly, Hannah, Harrison, Arnold, and Aviana."

"Oh my gosh, how much did this cost?! You guys are too nice!"

"I'm...Not going into details.."

"Probably for the better... You guys shouldn't buy me anything for the next 5 years..."

"Well, this is all you're getting for your birthday. You've had your license for a few months, you should put it to use."

"Thank you!" She said stretching up to kiss me.

"You're welcome," I replied deepening it. I looked over to see Joe glaring at me out the window. I smiled and pulled away as she crossed her arms.

"Why'd you stop?"

"We have a viewer," I said glancing at him out of the corner of my eye.

"Oh god." She mumbled turning as red as a tomato shaking her head in her hands.

"We've been together for almost three months you'd think they'd be used to it by now."

"Yeah...Used to it."

"Let's get going shall we?"

_________

"YEEEAAHHHHH WE'RE OUT OF SCHOOL!" She yelled skipping out of the front doors.

"What do you want to do?" I asked chuckling.

"Let's go to Jenny's!"

"Okay but first I have to stop at home and grab something. Do you want to drive?"

"Yeah!" She said jumping into the car.

"You're rambunctious. Do you like it?"

"I love it! And I wanted to say once again, thank you."

"It's no problem," I said smiling at her. She looked so happy, and hot may I add. The wind was blowing through her hair and she looked so content. She looked at me and then sighed. I loved this girl and I hoped she loved me too.

We pulled up to the driveway and I grabbed her bag and swung it onto my shoulder. I took her hand in mine and we walked into the house.

"Surprise!" Mia, Alex, Hannah, Harrison, Arnold, and Aviana yelled flipping on the lights.

"Wh-?" She asked squinting.

"Surprise," I whispered in her ear. She giggled and then nestled into my sweater.

"Thanks, you guys. For this and the car," She started silently crying. "I love all of you so much."

"It's no problem." They all said embarrassed.

"Let's eat some cake!" Aviana yelled. Harrison looked at her in admiration. They had been dating about a month and Harrison was still shocked.

"Sure." She said and 10 minutes later we were sitting around the crowded kitchen table. Mia and I next to Everly who was sitting in front of the cake, 17 candles sticking out of it. She blew it out and I looked to her and asked.

"What did you wish for?"

"If I tell you the wish won't come true."

"I suppose." And with a flick of my wrist, I shoved a piece of cake in her face.

"Oh, it's on!" She then rubbed some all over my hair. Alex laughed but then Mia threw some at him. Which made Arnold throw some at Hannah and Aviana at Harrison and in a span of 5 minutes the kitchen was covered in icing and cake.

"Am I interrupting something?" A man with brown hair and green eyes just like Everly's asked, walking into the room.

"You're that guy!"

"Yeah from the hotel!" Alex yelled pointing to him.

"Xavier, what are you doing here?" Mia asked in wonder.

"You know this guy?" Beauty said in surprise.

"Everly, meet your brother."