Chapter 11: Secrets

Karson

I was eating supper that night with Alex as I told him all about my day, including when I met Everly. Weird enough he then told me about how he met this girl that suspiciously sounded like her.

"So, black hair, about...5'2?" He asked.

"Yes, and bright green eyes."

"That sounds like her, Everly Desiree Annalore."

"She has a middle name?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Well yes, doesn't everyone?"

"Um yeah... Thanks, bro I'm going to do homework bye!" I said quickly rushing out of the room phone in hand.

____________

With my newfound information I sprinted up the stairs to what would be my room for the next 8 months. Sitting down on the bed I unlocked my phone and searched in Everly Desiree Annalore. All that came up was information about Jae Annalore, famous musician in the 80's, but I couldn't find anything about her. I clicked white-pages, turns out him and his wife, Audrina Annalore, maiden name Moreau, died of cancer about eleven years ago, but once again, nothing about Everly, I searched everywhere! It was as if she didn't exist! I could only wonder if she was secretly their child because if so, no wonder she could sing! Her father was a worldwide pop star! Maybe they were hiding her, protecting her from fame. I'm not sure, but there was something biting at me about Beauty, and I wanted to know more.

I decided, tomorrow I would attempt at giving Beauty her phone back, but first, I needed food and sleep, so I trudged back downstairs after about an hour and Alex looked at me questionably, but I shook it off asking what was for supper.

"I don't care, what would you like?"

"You know exactly what I want," I said raising an eyebrow at him.

"Yes, yes I do."

_________

"Chinese never gets old."

"No, it does not."

"I haven't had it in forever," I said setting down my food. "Dad never lets me eat anything unhealthy."

"I can tell." He said looking at my abs.

"You know you want me," I said lifting up my shirt and giving my signature smirk.

"Eww no!" He said shielding his eyes from my glory. "Just shut up and eat your Chinese!"

"Whatever." I replied with a chuckle.

We finished our food; I worked out for a while, then after taking a relaxing shower, I went to sleep. And don't think it was easy! The temperature is a lot different in Arizona than New York even though it's almost winter, it was still 70 degrees out! But Alex assured me I would get used to the climate change.

Everly

I woke up, Once again late for school... I would never learn. But anyways it was 7:55 and I started my day picking out my outfit, a short sleeve button up white shirt, denim shorts and gold sandals, one of my cute yet simple outfits. It was warmer out than yesterday, hence the shorts, but this was an outfit I quite enjoyed.

I walked downstairs to an empty house, Joe was at work and Kim had probably taken Grayson to school already, it was peaceful actually, but sort of uncomfortable. I wasn't used to the hushed voices, but I was broke out of my daze to a loud honk outside. Frightened, I walked out of the doors to Mia with her hair poofy and crazy and her eyes sullen, it looked as though she had been crying but I knew better than to ask what happened, I didn't want to make it worse.

"H-Hey girl cute outfit!" She said wiping her eyes and nose.

"Thanks," I replied looking at her warily.

"Oh I my 'swell tell you, I knew you were going to ask anyway," She said starting up the car refusing to look at me. "My dad's moving to New Mexico, to go live with some family. And I'll only see him in the summer. He's leaving today..." She started crying and I decided to comfort her. "I don't want him to leave. And I don't wanna go to school today."

"Then don't," I said with a bit of rebellion building up inside of me.

"W-What?"

"Then don't go to school, I'll skip with you, tell your mom you didn't feel good, so I decided to take care of you. Joe and Kim don't give a damn about my grades, or me and I really don't care either. So, I'm proposing that you skip school."

"Wow. Didn't know you were a rebel, Everly."

"Neither did I, I'm surprised I just said that myself."

"Well, looks like we both have some. Screw it, let's do it."