Chapter 5: Dress Shopping

Everly

After Mia rudely woke Hannah and me up, we quickly got dressed in comfy clothes and ran out the door, after texting our advisor.

__________

"Let's stop at this shop first!" Mia said enthusiastically.

We walked inside where Mia found her dream dress automatically, a tight, long black dress that hung off her shoulders.

"Mia you look gorgeous!"

"She does, but this is a ball, aren't you generally supposed to wear more flowy dresses?" I asked.

"If anyone has a problem with it, they can have a punch to the face, free of charge." Huh, I just realized. Mia's hair is red, and she's sassy, makes sense.

________

Hannah and I didn't find dresses we particularly liked in that store, so we went to the next, and the next, where finally at the third store Hannah found her dress. It was yellow, with a high neckline that had yellow jewels and diamonds encrusted in it. The waistline had shimmering beads flowing down; the dress was beautiful, quaint just like Hannah. But once again, I couldn't find my dress.

_______

"Guys we should just give up, we've been to over 20 stores, you two have your dresses. I'll just show up with a sweatshirt and skinny jeans on."

"No. We will find you a dress!"

"Mia, the ball is in 6 hours, I don't have a dress, we still need to get our hair and makeup done, and you need to get shoes. I guess I just won't go..."

"You need to go, we need to go together!"

"Fine...But we will go to one more shop, and if I can't find my dream dress there, then I won't go."

"Deal."

We walked across the street to a swanky looking boutique, where a lady with a French accent offered us champagne, which we declined, this place looked very expensive.

"Guys I don't know, this place looks really fancy, I feel like I shouldn't be standing on this carpet," I said looking down at the plush fluffy cloud called carpet.

"Come 'zis way, I will find you 'ze perfect dress!"

________

I tried on several dresses, they were either too fluffy, expensive, or tight, exposing my curves. And I didn't want a repeat of last night.

"We should just leave.." I cleared my throat looking at Madame Boushay.

"I'm so sorry, you are so kind but I don't think I have found my perfect dress. I'm truly sorry for wasting your time."

"Hmm..." She said glancing at my bird necklace. "Just wait one moment."

I raised my eyebrows in confusion looking at Hannah and Mia.

"What do you think she's-"

"I'm back!" She said walking out of the back with a beautiful baby blue dress.

"Wh-whoa..." I said glancing at it.

It was a sweetheart neckline pastel blue dress with an amazing intricate diamond design, It looked like it had little butterfly gems at the waistline, and there was an extra layer of fabric hanging over the waist. I'd never been interested in fashion but I knew beautiful clothing when I saw it.

"How much is it?" I asked nervously. A dress that gorgeous had to be thousands!

"You have been very kind to me. Most of 'ze other girls 'zat come in here are very rude. I will dock off $400, as long as you return it to me at the end of the night in pristine condition."

"Y-yes. Anything."

"Everly! That's amazing!"

"H-how much was it originally?" I asked worriedly.

"$1000 to buy, but since you are renting it, I am lowering the price."

"You are too kind. I-I can never repay you.."

"Now get your butt in there and try on that dress," Hannah said excitedly.

I tried on the dress...Itfit perfectly. I looked the best I had ever looked in my life; I couldn'tbelieve this was real. One moment I was a girl who wore over-size hoodies andleggings everyday but now here I was with a cell-phone, fancy dress on my body,and in NYC! What was going on? Would my life keep changing? Or would it go backto normal?