Chapter 19: I Trust You

Everly

We walked down the streets with sunglasses and hats on. There was a rumor going around that Karson was coming back home for a few weeks. Unfortunately, that rumor was true. Karson gave me them so no one would recognize us. We walked about 3 blocks until we reached a shop that he said a family friend owned. I looked to my right just before we were going to walk in and I saw about 10 guys gaping at me. Karson growled at them and then, wrapping his arms around my shoulders he lead me inside.

"Thanks. They were getting annoying." I said.

"Tell me about it," He rolled his eyes. "Now let's go meet Missy."

"Missy?"

"She's the woman that will be making you over."

"Oh. Okay..."

"There's no need to be worried. She's amazing."

"Okay. I trust you."

"Oh, darling Karson so nice of you to come to see me. And who's this beautiful girl next to you?"

"Missy, Everly. Everly, Missy."

"Nice to meet you, ma'am," I said shyly.

"Oh and she's nice too!"

"She's perfect." He whispered. Missy looked him up and down and winked. And then she looked at me.

"She has good sized lips so no need to overdo it on the lip liner. She's particularly short but still has long legs. She's very small. Maybe a size one or two. And those eyes will do wonders. I'd say she's very beautiful and we won't have to change much."

I glared at Missy.

"I'm not that short." I grumbled.

"Haha!" Missy laughed. "At least she has a backbone. She's not like those other blonde bimbos you've brought here."

I looked at Karson questioningly.

"I'll explain later." He whispered.

"Come with me girl. And you Karson, sit over there."

I gave a pleading look at Karson and reluctantly walked behind Missy. She led me through a set of marble doors and then sat me down at a hair wash station.

"Sweety how short are you willing to let me cut your hair?" Missy asked looking at my mid back length hair. "Trust me. Short hair will go way better with your face shape."

I knew it was time for a change so I said, "Shoulder length."

"You'll do well for my Karson."

"Oh, it's not like that we're not-"

"Oh but I can see it in both of your eyes. You two are in love with each other. You just don't know it yet."

I smiled. "I trust you."

"Thank you, Sweety. And I think you will do well for him because you're willing to do things. You didn't think twice about getting your hair cut. You're a lot different than the girls he usually brings. And he has my approval. Now let's get started."

________

I watched in horror as Missy cut off 6 inches of my hair. Oh no, I worried, what did I agree to? But the end result made up for everything. She curled my naturally wavy hair so it looked really dramatic and framed my face. I saw what she meant. Short hair really complemented my face shape.

"Wow...Thank you, Missy."

"Darling we haven't even gotten started! Now let's put on some makeup!"

"Okay...But please keep it minimal."

"Aw...Fine. Also, I wanted to compliment you on your eyeliner. Did you know that it would make your eyes pop like that?"

"Yeah," I smiled sadly. "That's what my mother always told me."

"Well, she was quite right. Now here's what we're going to do. I'm going to put some highlighter around your face so it glows, some eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick but that's it. Is that okay?"

"Mhm."

"Here, I'll show you some techniques."

An hour later I had learned a few things about makeup and Missy gave me some on the house. Now she sent me off with a list of boutiques to go to next. I walked out of the room forgetting Karson was there, and as I heard a gasp, I looked up at him and fluttered my eyelashes as Missy taught me to do.

"Well, aren't you gorgeous." He winked at me.

"I could say the same to you, handsome. Now let's go!" Missy's words had really inspired me and now it was time for me to be the confident one. And first I had to show it by using his new nickname. We walked a little bit until we reached one of the shops Missy recommended. We walked in and the clothes were breathtaking!

"Are you sure you still want to buy me these?" I asked glancing at the price tags.

"Of course. This is nothing."

"Oh right, I forgot. You're rich. Now you go sit over there while I shop."

"Yes, ma'am." He said as I rolled my eyes.

As soon as he sat down at the other side of the room I started skipping around to find clothes I wanted to try on. My heart stopped when I found a knee-length tight red strapless dress, I hesitated. Was I ready to wear something like this?

Yes.