Chapter 14: Babycakes And Buttercups

Everly

It was almost a month later and Karson and I had been becoming closer by the day but it still surprised me when he would sit down at our table at lunch.

****

It was Thursday during lunch 3 days after my run-in with Karson. Mia, Hannah, Arnold and I were sitting at our table talking about my fail at basketball earlier that day.

"No I'm not even kidding you, it just jumped up and hit me in the-"

"Mind if I sit here?" A pleasant, familiar voice said cutting me off, mid-sentence.

"Sure," Mia answered before I could.

And there he was. Karson Kape sitting right next to me, Everly Annalore. A nobody. It surprised me because usually he would sit with the other transfer students, but today he sat right next to me.

"Hullo." He said smirking at me.

"Err-hi," I replied quietly.

"Continue on. Don't let me ruin your story."

"Right well... And then it hit me in the face." Everyone was laughing but his booming voice outdid them by far.

It was kind of embarrassing and I could tell my face was flushed but if he noticed, he never mentioned it.

****

He sat down in his usual spot, next to me but it was different this time. He sat closer.

"Hello, Everly."

"Hi?"

*Bing* my phone got a text message. I looked at it then at him and he was staring at me with a smile proudly on his lips.

Wanna hang out after school?

Sure...

I replied. Then all of a sudden another gorgeous yet snotty man sat down next to me on my other side, where Mia had been going to sit. I looked to my right and I saw it was Jake. Out of fear I quickly scooted to my left forgetting Karson was there.

"Hello, beautiful," Jake smirked as I scooted farther. Then realizing I was less than an inch apart from Karson, I blushed and moved over a bit but still about a foot away from Jake. He then reached out and touched my shoulder brushing my hair from that spot and behind me, I heard Karson growl.

"Don't touch her."

Jake quickly put his hands up in surrender. I looked over at Mia who was standing with her tray, and saw that her face was beet red. Not from blushing, but out of anger. I knew that if we didn't get Jake out of here in a few seconds, all hell would break loose. He looked at her and probably figured out that she wasn't very happy. But then the bell saved us all by going off. He ran off fearing the wrath of Mia Hemsworth.

"Soo, see 'ya later?" Karson asked turning to look at me.

"Sure." I smiled warmly.

__________________

After school finished, I dashed to my locker and then met up with Karson outside by the fountain.

"So what are we doing?" I giggled uncontrollably exuberant.

"I figured I'd show you my house."

"W-What," I spluttered, "I thought you've been staying in a hotel!"

"Of course not...Babycakes."

Babycakes. He just called me babycakes. What was that supposed to mean? He gazed at me waiting for my reaction. So I just looked at him and snickered. Playing it cool.

"Babycakes? That's all you could think of?"

He looked taken aback but then quickly recovered.

"Oh, I have others."

"Do tell."

"Buttercup, sugar bottom, sweet lips," He took a great pause. "Girlfriend..."

That definitely caught me off guard. I stared at him in awe. Was he joking? Of course he was. But if he was indeed joking, it wasn't very funny.

"Let's get going, shall we?"

"Yeah..."

________

When we arrived at his 'house' he unlocked the door and called out,

"Alex!"

Wait; is that who I thinkit is? Standing in front of me was a ravishing gray-eyed man. Alexander.