Chapter 12: A Guy's Wet Dream

Everly

Since it was still early in the morning we decided to shop to start our day of rebellion, I didn't have much money in the first place so I only bought a pretzel and a cute green beanie with a gray-eyed man in mind. Anyways you could tell Mia was out of it, she pretty much spent every ounce of money she had. She was stress shopping and I was too much a wimp to try and stop her.

"How about we go to the beach-"

"No! More shopping, right now! Rue 21."

"THAT'S ENOUGH MIA! You are going to waste all of your money. I'm being a nice friend right now. And since I'm nice, I'm gonna say if you go to one more shop I will personally whack you over the head with a ruler!"

She looked at me in awe, eyes wide, and mouth in an O shape. The whole package. And after a minute she smiled and burst out laughing.

"What?" I said eyebrows furrowed.

"Where has this Everly been? You're hot when you're mad! If I were a guy I would totally do you! I mean seriously! Your hair blown back, plump lips, erotic bright eyes. You're literally a guy's wet dream!"

"Um...Thanks?" I said looking down and blushing. I didn't get mad often and I felt guilty for lashing out at her.

"Now, what did you say about the beach?"

_____________________

We stopped at Mia and my house and grabbed our swimsuits. Then we drove to the beach blasting Ariana Grande on the radio.

"God I haven't had this much fun in...Ever! I wish we could do this more often." I said sadly.

"Who says we can't? I mean, once we graduate I'll be a famous artist, you'll be a famous singer, we could live the dream! This could be our norm!"

"As fun as that sounds, I don't think I'm one for the 'flattering' lifestyle."

"Someday my friend, someday." She said smirking at me.

_________

Once we arrived at the beach Mia quickly ran out to a group of hot guys; meanwhile, I grabbed my towel, sunglasses, and sunscreen and scrambled to the shoreline for a little swimming. Setting my stuff down I headed into the water when I heard a voice,

"We meet again, sweet stuff. Also, I have to say. Nice swimsuit."

I whipped around quickly to see Jake Rossphel standing there smirking; I stared in shock as he strolled towards me. I started to back up until I fell, splashing my back with the semi-warm seawater. He swiftly picked me up and pulling me to him, he put his hands on my hips. I tried pulling away but he had too much of a strong grip. He wrenched his face close to mine and was about to kiss me when I heard a scream behind us.

"Hey! Leave her alone!"

Even without looking at his face I already knew who it was by his voice. Karson Kape.

"Wh-" Jake swiftly pulled away and I took that chance. After kicking him in the stomach I scrambled away from him.

"Don't touch her," Karson said with a sturdy voice.

"What're you gonna do about it?" Jake replied doubled over.

"Wouldn't you like to know? Get 'outa here."

Surprisingly he listened and walked away.

"Are you okay?" Karson asked walking up to me.

"Y-yeah I guess..."

"No one should have to experience that," he said looking down and then shaking his head.

"Thank you for...Stepping in."

"No problem, I was just walking by when I heard your voice- I mean I heard his voice and well, you know the rest."

"No matter, thank you. I-I wouldn't have known what to do."

"Wanna swim with me?" He said looking up at me with his bright blue eyes.

"Karson Kape. Asking a nobody like me to swim?"

"I wouldn't call you a nobody. But yes, I suppose I am."

"Then sure," I said smiling.

___________

"Can you sing for me?"

"Wh-What?!" I said choking on my lemonade.

We were sitting in a tiny beach house after swimming for about an hour when he insisted on buying me a drink. Of course, I agreed but I forgot to tell Mia that I left.

"You know. Singing, that thing you're really good at."

My blush grew darker.

"S-sure... What would you like to hear?"

"One of my songs," he says smirking.

"Who says I know your songs?"

"Because they're all downloaded on your phone."

I looked at him flabbergasted.

"How do you know that?!"

"Look I-" He started but didn't finish because all of a sudden a woman with bright red hair walked in.

It was Mia. And beside her was Alexander.