Chapter 7 - You know what we're talking about

You have been begging for it! Here's chapter 7... :)

XOXO,

Grass

Chapter 7

The morning with Shawn was a bit bland, I mean, as bland as a morning with Shawn Mendes could be. Which, now that I think about it, isn't bland at all. But anyways, this "not-so-bland" morning consisted of us ordering room service for breakfast, listening to Shawn tinker on his guitar as I laid back on the bed. By 11 o'clock, the rest of the guys were getting up and switching between rooms to talk and wake up.

I smiled whenever different boys entered, most extremely confused as to why there was a teenage girl in Shawn and Cameron's room. Shawn would explain politely and they'd come to hug me or kiss my cheeks. I was trying to stay away from being completely star struck throughout the entire morning.

After all the guys had come in, Cameron explained to them how we were going to bombard the blonde squad's bedroom, or my previous bedroom and get them to leave. I pulled the hood of Shawn's hoodie over my head as I followed the big pack of boys down the hall and towards my room. I pressed my ear to the wall outside and heard some pounding Justin Bieber music and I mentally rolled my eyes. Cameron and Shawn at the front of the crowd, they knocked on the door quietly.

I tried to go on tip toe to look over the boys, but they all were too tall. I saw the door open and heard a high pitched gasp. "Girls! It's... them," said the one I recognize to be one with a high squeaky voice. Her tone is dreamy and annoying, and I hear footsteps rushing towards the door. The three girls stand staring, big smiles upon their faces, but all the boys have their best glares on.

"Hi," says Shawn harshly, absolutely unfriendly.

"Hi..." says the leader girl, sighing in happiness. I could practically see the heart-eye-emoji in place of her head.

"We have here, Bella," Shawn points to the back of the pack and summons me forward. I walk timidly and stand next to him, shoving my hands deeper into his shorts pockets. All three of the girls are wearing skimpy bras and a pair of shorts. They have half their cake faces on and their hair has still got the bed-head look. Their eyes pierce through me, and steam floats out of their ears. Shawn wraps an arm around my shoulders. "We were informed of the events from last night, and we, all, agree that what you did was totally inappropriate and you took advantage of an innocent girl."

"Wh-what are you talking about?" says the shortest one, playing dumb. Her face is showing pitiful stupidity, and I couldn't hold in my laugh.

"You know what we're talking about," says Cameron sharply. One of the girls backs away, trying to snag a room key. Shawn grabs it right out of her hand. "No."

"I think it's time you guys left this hotel," Shawn says. "Out."

"But... no..." says the lightest blonde.

"It was a misunderstanding..." says the tall one.

"No... please!" they all beg. I run inside and grab my bag and point to theirs. Gilinsky, Carter and Taylor grab the three girls bags and throw them outside. The girls hurry towards them and give me one last horrible glance before running to the elevator, the short one in tears. The guys all smile at each other and give high fives.

"Ya'll are pretty intimidating," I laugh. Shawn kisses my cheek.

"I guess." He rubs my back. "Why don't you get dressed and we can go practice in my room?" I nod.

"Sure, sounds good," I smile at him. He hugs me one last time before heading out after all the other boys. He turns right before the door closes and winks at me a little bit. I stand there, holding my bag and smiling like an idiot to myself. But I don't care. I don't care how stupid I look. Shawn just winked at me. I can die in peace.

I sigh and start to get dressed. I pull on my flowing white tank top with embroidered flowers on it, and a pair of dark red shorts. I let my hair down and brush it through with my fingers. I decide to braid it on the side and add my black and white snapback. I tie on my black converse and brush my teeth in the bathroom as well as fix up my faded makeup.

I grab a stolen room key and head back down the hall to Shawn's room. I knock on the door and hear a little scrambling. "One minute," I hear his voice call. I wait outside and hear his heavy footsteps coming towards the door. It swings up to the boy... who's not wearing a shirt. He's pulling up his khaki shorts and buttoning them. "Sorry, I was getting dressed, come in," he smiles at me. I walk inside and plop on one of the beds, mentally sobbing that he's here in front of me shirtless. I grab his guitar and start to play a few chords.

He watches me and smiles to himself, running a hand through his hair. "You know, Bella," he sits next to me. "I never thought I'd think about a fan the way I think about you." I look up at him, a bit confused, and yet a bit hopeful.

"And how do you think about me?" I ask, trying to sound nonchalant as I lean back on the bed, supporting myself with my hands. He keeps his head down, his thumbs apparently very interesting. He thinks to himself, closing his eyes for a second and sighing.

"No... nevermind, sorry I was confused for a second," he says, standing up and shaking his head.

"Oh... okay," I say quietly, a bit hurt.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it. Nevermind. Forget it," he says, rummaging through his suitcase.

"It's fine," I say, looking down at my lap. He turns back, holding a plaid blue and black button down and a black Magcon t-shirt.

"Which one should I wear?"