Chapter 5 - It's her...

Here ya'll go! Chapter five... :)

LOVE YOU,
Grass

Chapter 5

Later in the evening on Friday, I was still sitting up against the wall. The tears had stopped, but I was sort of in a daze. I was feeling empty and dense... the same way it feels after you've been crying. I had tipped my head back against the wall, my phone in my hand and room key and wallet on the floor next to me. All the guests were milling around, listening to the blasting music coming from Mahogany. The boys were walking around. All of a sudden, I felt eyes on me. I opened my eyes slowing and looked up. There were three tall, blonde, and extremely skinny girls standing around me.

"It's her..." the girl on the left said. Her voice was high and squeaky, and her hair was messily curled. She wore a skirt that barely covered her but and a crop top... showing off her exaggerated, shining belly button piercing.

"That's the one who's trying to steal Shawn from me," the girl on the right said. She had white blonde hair that was stick straight. Her face was so caked in makeup; I bet she didn't even look the same when her face was bare. She, too, wore a crop top and a pair of booty shorts. The girl in the middle spoke up.

"You know, he told me I was the prettiest one here," she said. Her voice was higher and squeakier than the first's. I looked up at them irritably, positively done with their shit. The middle girl flipped her hair over her shoulder. She spotted my room key on the floor. There was a big number four on the front of it. All the room keys at the hotel had your floor number on them. I thought it was a stupid design.

The girl on the left saw it too. Her eyes were wide. Leaning to her friends, her squeak voice half whispered, "She's on the fourth floor!" I gave them a weird look. What was so significant about the fourth floor? I tried to stand up, but felt dizzy automatically and fell back to the ground. My head was pounding and there was a raging throb in my forehead.

I leaned against the wall and groaned. I saw the girl on the right reach down and try to snatch my room key. I tried to stop her, reaching for it, too... before everything went black.

***

*Shawn's POV*

I kept thinking about her. Bella... She was gorgeous. Her hair... amazing. When she opened her mouth, I practically passed out. How could she be so perfect? Bella... Bella, Bella, Bella..

I paced the ballroom as the crew started cleaning up some trash. The guys were hanging out around the stage and talking to the last few girls that stayed to talk. After a while, those girls headed upstairs, leaving the guys alone. Most of the guys decided to hit the hay, absolutely exhausted from today. Cameron and I stayed, just talking.

"You like her, don't you?" he asked me, snapping me out of my trance.

"Bella?" I blurted out, absentmindedly. Cameron practically snorted.

"I guess so," he said, smirking at me. I shook my head, smiling at the ground.

"She was beautiful..."

Cam was looking around the room, thinking to himself. I watched him. He was like a big brother to me. His face was calm until his eyes suddenly focused on something in the corner of the room. Cameron squinted. I followed his gaze to the back left corner of the room. Someone was laying there... who could that be?

"Who's that?" he asked quietly, as if he was speaking to himself. I shrugged.

"Let's go," I pulled him towards the figure. Whoever it was... she had long hair and was wearing a gray skirt... and a colorful sweater? Was that...?

We made our way over to her. There was a cellphone next to her and a wallet. As we came close, I could see her face, pointed towards the wall. It was Bella. Bella.. What was she doing here? Was she asleep?

"Cameron..." I said. "That's her..."His eyes widened as we knelt beside her. I grabbed her hand almost habitually, as if it was meant to be there. They were colder than they were earlier tonight. Cameron turned her inanimate body so she was lying on her back. She was gorgeous... her face absolutely pristine. I checked her for a pulse, and sure enough, her heart was beating, and she was breathing fine. Just asleep, I guess? Maybe she passed out?

"Let's take her to our room. There's no room key in here..." said Cameron as he was looking through her wallet.

"Cam! What are you doing?" I asked, absolutely shocked he was snooping through her stuff.

"Sorry! Just trying to help," he said as he was about to close the wallet. But he stopped, as he saw her student ID. We both stared... she was flawless.

"Bella Andersen..." I said, sighing to myself. She's going to be mine, I told myself. I scooped her up in my arms as Cam and I made our way to the elevator. She felt good there. Her body fit perfectly to mine. Her head found itself right on my shoulder and I heard her stir in her sleep. This is where she should be. With me.