Knocking on the glass of my truck, pulled me from my train of thought. A train that I had no intention of getting on in the first place. I mentally sighed as a dull ache made itself known in my chest, which is just another reason why I try not to think of that night. I turned to the source of the sound. I took in the sight of familiar short pixie cut of raven hair, along with honey eyes, button nose, soft definition on her cheek bones, and her bright smile that reminded me of sunshine. I quickly pulled out my keys, stashing them in my jeans pocket, with one hand.

The other hand pushed open the car door as I turned to hop out of the cab. I realized that Alice was too close, so I had to have hit her with the momentum. The automatic sorry died in my throat as I realized that I didn't actually assault my new friend with the door of my newly painted truck. She must of moved when I wasn't looking at her, before I could get a word out, Alice was already speaking, sucking me up in her hurricane of energy.

"So, I was thinking about the party. Well actually the theme, we could do superheros, or cosplay as different characters from a favorite story of yours. Or we could do a 20's theme and be flapper girls. We could have the party at my place. I could totally come up with outfits by wednesday or we could just go shopping together. Oh! Or we could go camping. Or we could go to the bowling alley in settle, or watch movies either at home. Or go to the theater in Seattle, I think they have a vintage drive- in movie that they do every week. Or, we could have a sleepover at your place or mine", Her words came out fast, her small body bouncing lightly as idea after idea, left her lips.

I blinked at her.  As I gingerly placed my hands on her shoulders. An attempt to stop her bouncing. I spoke with awe in my voice as I questioned her, "Back up a bit. You make clothes?"

"Yes, so you're for the themed idea, I'm taking it. Which one did you like the most?", Her voice somehow sounded more excited than before. She flashed that grin at me, while she practically vibrating under my fingers.

My smile didn't hold a candle to hers in the least, yet still I smiled for her. I blew out a breath before I spoke, "Sunshine, slow down."

She pouted adorably at me as I took in the sight of her face, committing it to memory. She huffed and turned her back to me while she started to walk away from me, "If you aren't going to say it right, then don't say it at all."

I moved my feet to catch up with her. I was more aware of her rather than the slick asphalt from the cold rain of this morning. I slipped and braced myself for the impact that didn't come at all. In its stead a cool solid arm wrapped around my waist, the velvet voice met my ears, "Are you always so clumsy?"

My eyes opened, taking in the sight of Edward's unnaturally handsome face, and his smirking face made me want to punch him. I moved until I was standing straight, while I pushed him away, grumling out a thanks. I watched as he stuffed his hands in his pockets, taking a few steps away from me, that smirk long gone, replaced with a scowl. My eyes trailed over to Alice who seemed to freeze in place, I walked closer, getting in front of her. I looked over her for any sign that she was hurt, which is a hard thing to do, hurt a vampire.

"Miss. Sunshine. Are you ok?", I asked her reached out to place a hand on her shoulder, her gold eyes looked glazed over.  

Edward came closer to us, stopping on the side of Alice. He reached out, wrapped a hand around her wrist as he spoke in a firm tone, "She's fine, just go to class."

"She's my friend, I'm not just going to leave her alone if she's not ok", I narrowed my eyes at him as I argued back. I made a point of crossing my arms under my chest shifting my stance to show my unwillingness to move.

"She's basically my sister, so that outranks you. Now go", His lips curled in an almost smug smile, thinking that he'd won this little argument.

"No", I spoke the single word with force before I turned my attention back on Alice, who still looked zoned out.

"Are you always this unagreeable?", Edward questioned me which sounded more curious than cutting. Before I could answer he fired off another question, which sounded more amused than cutting,"Or are you doing it just to annoy me?"

"I'm fine", Alice spoke suddenly in a chiper tone of voice that, almost sounded forced. Yet before I could comment on it she spoke again, "After class, we're going shopping, you can tell me what you decided there. I got to talk to Edward real quick."

She stepped forward, wrapping her arms around my neck in a hug, I hugged her back immediately. I mentally thanked Dove and Sasha for getting me use to such contact between friends, because if I wasn't use to it I would have froze up for a few seconds before tossing her off of me. I lowered my head a bit as I whispered, "You're sure you're ok, Miss. Sunshine?"

She hopped up, planting a cool kiss on my cheek, before she bounced back from my embrace, "Peachy keen. Thanks for worrying about me, BeBe"

My eyebrows pulled together at the same time my nose scrunched up in distaste at that nickname. I imitated the wrong answer sound that is heard on tv game shows before I spoke, "Try again."

"Alice", Edward said after he cleared his throat to get our attention, "You wanted to talk,"

"Right", Alice nodded before she looked back at me, "Go, we'll talk later when we go shopping."

"I never agreed to that", I told her with a playful scowl as I turned in the direction of the building where my class would be held in. I walked forward but glance back at Alice and Edward, "Don't be late for class you two."

Alice waved at me with a smile on her face, while Edward smirked before he called out to me in a teasing tone, "Try not to trip again. I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself."

I flipped Edward off with my middle finger as I walked to class. Alice wanted to go shopping which meant she was very serious about this whole birthday party thing. I let out a breath as I realized now that I couldn't just tell her no. Which meant now I had to think about which theme I liked most for the party, just great.

A smile curled my lips as I realized that making Alice my friend would be a choose I'd never regret. I wrote down all the options she listed earlier. I crossed off the ones that I really didn't want before I could finished, the seat beside me moved as Edward sat down. Seconds later the professor walked in and class started, work sheets were handed out while the professor explained the task.

Edward handed me a worksheet as well as a spare blank lined sheet of paper. I would've handed it back with an confused expression yet the sight of black ink on the page caught my interest. The handwriting looked better than the computer generated font for corsiva it read:

You haven't answered my question yet, did you forget or are you enjoying leaving me in suspense?

A/N: Thank you all for reading. Please leave a comment.