Scene VII

SCENE VII INT. JONAS' CAR - NIGHT
JONAS and MAGGIE are sitting in silence, listening to a rapper mumble his lyrics. Maggie's hair is still a little damp and she's attempting to brush it out at least a little. Jonas' eyes are closed, humming quietly to the beat.

JONAS
So, what do you wanna do now?

MAGGIE
It's pretty late.

JONAS
Bowling alley is still open.

MAGGIE
I have to work tomorrow...

JONAS
How about food? You must be hungry.

MAGGIE
I'm kind of tired.

JONAS
Ok, I'm leaving tomorrow morning and I really want to spend some more time with you. Let me.

MAGGIE
Well, my curfew is eleven and it's eight thirty right now. So be quick about whatever you want to do.

A smile spreads wide across Jonas' face. He puts the car into drive and turns the radio station onto a 'classics' station.

JONAS
Alright, I still owe you a milkshake.

MAGGIE
No.

JONAS
Why not?

MAGGIE
Cause I enjoyed that. You said if I didn't you'd buy me one.

JONAS
Ok. You can buy me one then.

MAGGIE
Deal.

Maggie sits still for a second before seeing Jonas' collection of CDs. She shuffles through a pile of entirely different genres from rap to pop to death metal. She grabs an 'Asking Alexandria' CD from the pile, holding it up for Jonas to see. He glances over seeing her disapproving look.

JONAS
What? It's good music. I have a wide music taste.

MAGGIE
It's a screamo band.

JONAS
Yes. Ok, if you get past the delivery, the lyrics can be amazing.

MAGGIE
Ok, sure.

JONAS
Wanna listen?

Jonas grabs the CD from her, popping the case open, preparing the disc.

MAGGIE
No, not really. What about...

Maggie flips through the rest of the discs landing on 'The Who'.

MAGGIE
This? It's better than screamo.

JONAS
Whatever you say.

Jonas switches out the CDs, then cranking the station.