Scene II

CUT TO:

INT. WILLIAMS HIGH SCHOOL - DAY

As the hallways erupt with paper falling to the floor in multiple directions as MAGGIE walks down the hall through the mess to HER LOCKER. Once she arrives TRISH (Patricia) MACKENTILE (18), a friend of MAGGIE's, appears next to her in a tight crop top, a small skirt and about two too many layers of makeup on.

TRISH

Hey, girlie!

MAGGIE

(Giggling at her friend)

Hello, Trish.

TRISH

So... I have this thing-

Maggie starts to roll her eyes at Trish, knowing exactly what she was going to say next.

TRISH (CONT'D)

Going on tonight. It's going to be lit! My parents are gone for the weekend and-

Maggie tries to bite back her words.

MAGGIE

(Cutting off Trish)

You know, I just feel kind of tired, wanna relax and I finally have the night off from the cafe.

TRISH

Nuh-uh! No, you are not ditching out on me. Come on, there will be cute boys! Plus you have tomorrow off too, you can party a little.

Maggie shuts her locker after pulling out her backpack and stuffing it with everything that was still in her locker.

MAGGIE

(Mumbling)

Cute boys, and probably some other things too...

TRISH

Exactly! And this party won't stop until one of three things happen.

Maggie turns to face her friend and joins her in the three things that could possibly ruin their night out, mocking her slightly.

TRISH & MAGGIE

If the cops show up. If my parents show up. Or if we all pass out.

MAGGIE

I know, I know.

They both laugh at a past memory before turning down the hall and marching past the rest of the lockers into a maze of other excited high schoolers.

CUT TO:

WILLIAMS CAFETERIA

TRISH

Ok, but seriously Maggie, it's the end of your junior year. I just graduated. You have your license now, so you don't have to make Jeff or someone else give you a ride to the party.

MAGGIE

Ok, I get it. I might make an appearance.

TRISH

Yes! Ok, so it starts at 7:00, my house, bring something or don't. So I'll see you then. Wear something sexy.

Maggie shouts back at Trish as she walks away toward the school doors.

MAGGIE

Like always!

LYLE V.O.

What's like always?

Enter LYLE NOSBURN (18), a theatre geek that fits the stereotype all too well. Dark and brooding, all wrapped up in a mysteriously fit body although Maggie is sure he's never worked out in his life.

MAGGIE

Lyle, hey. It's just Trish's annual end of the year bash. She says it's going to be "Lit".

Maggie puts quotation marks around the word with her fingers.

LYLE

Yeah, well that's Trish. Are you going?

MAGGIE

I told her I would make an appearance, but honestly, I don't know if I'll go.

LYLE

She won't even notice if you're there or not. I've heard her plans for this shindig for weeks.

Lyle looks around cautiously before saying his next words, leaning in toward Maggie.

LYLE (CONT'D)

She's going all the way, strippers and hardcore stuff. I don't think it's really your scene anyway.

MAGGIE

Not my scene? What's that supposed to mean?

LYLE

It's not a bad thing, Maggie. You're just, um, innocent? No, uh, naive! That's a better word.

Lyle turns and starts to leave a shocked and slightly offended Maggie behind.

MAGGIE

I am not!

LYLE

Tell me one time you have ever gotten drunk or high or even given a BJ? You've probably never been kissed.

MAGGIE

(Flustered)

I have been kissed! Loads of times. Just, I promised I wouldn't tell anyone.

LYLE

Sure thing, Mags.

Lyle leaves through the cafeteria doors and Maggie shakes her head as he leaves before mocking his tone.

MAGGIE

(To herself)

Sure thing, Mags...