Scene VI

SCENE VI EXT. BARN OUTSIDE - NIGHT
JEFF is waiting outside with two cups in hand looking around frantically when LIZ (Elizabeth) CHARLES, (18) a beautiful, sweet, and likable girl with short brown hair and very petite frame walks up to Jeff and takes a cup from his hand.

LIZ
Thanks! How are you Jeff?

JEFF
(Overtop of Liz)
Hey! That was for Maggie!

LIZ
I'm sorry, I should have asked.

JEFF
Yeah, you should have.

LIZ
Again, I'm sorry. I can go grab one for her-

JEFF
(Cutting her off)
Nevermind, it's fine, Elizabeth.

LIZ
Where is she? I heard that she might have ditched with Alex Thompson. But she's too nice to be with him, right?

JEFF
What?

Liz gives him a questioning look, confused by his question.

JEFF (cont.)
How do you know she's with Alex?

LIZ
Allie just saw them in the barn talking, ten minutes ago? Or she's tripping and delirious.

JEFF
Maybe Alex is the crazy one.

LIZ
Hey, awkward question, but why did you and Maggie break up again?

JEFF
Personal reasons... I gotta go, right now, see ya around later, Liz.

LIZ
Yeah! See you!

Jeff leaves her and enters the barn his eyes lock on ALEX across the room. He approaches Alex, who is chatting with the girl he saw earlier. Alex scoffs at Jeff standing there and continues his conversation with the girl.

ALEX
So there I was, got my shot all lined up and ready to give her a full send, right?

Jeff coughs to get Alex's attention and Alex rolls his eyes.

ALEX
But then, the weirdest thing happens and BAM-

Jeff grabs onto Alex's shoulder and turns him away from the girl, pushing Alex into the wall behind him, his knuckles white as he grips his arm.

JEFF
Where'd you leave her?

ALEX
Dude, chill out.

JEFF
I'll 'chill out' when you show me where she is.

ALEX
Alright, but first pal, I need to know who is she?

JEFF
Maggie! Margaret Peters?

ALEX
Ohh, that chick. I saw her walk out to the cars a little bit ago, everything's fine. Jonas is out there too. Don't be so eager, bud. I don't think that she'll put out.

JEFF
Don't call me bud.

He lets go of Alex's shoulder to see a bright red imprint. Jeff shakes his head before walking toward the barn doors. He walks to his car and gets in, once he settles into his seat, not noticing her missing items, he opens his phone and hovers over MAGGIE'S CONTACT NAME. He taps on the call button quickly.