Scene I

FADE IN: INT. GRACE'S CAR - MORNING

Three girls are laughing and bobbing their heads to music, enjoying the car ride and the wind through the open car windows. The three girls are MAGGIE (Margaret) PETERS (18), who has dark green eyes and black hair in two long pigtails in the backseat, SHAY JOHNSTON (18), a girl with straight platinum blonde hair and bright blue eyes in shotgun, and GRACE WILLIAMS (19), the leader of the 'squad' with darker red-brown hair and stunning hazel eyes who is driving, best of friends for their high school careers. They are on a roadtrip across the country as a last hurrah before the summer is over.

SHAY
You have to admit, last year was such a riot! I kind of want to do senior year all over again.

GRACE
Hah! I don't! I'm so happy to be out of there... Although, honestly I hope that we can keep the camping trip going, even if Liam is at home, and you're up north. Maggie has one more year, everyone is so spread out.

MAGGIE

Of course we can, last year's camping trip was awesome and this year's will be great too.

SHAY

Despite the rain last year. And the booze. And the smell. And the boy troubles.

They take a moment to laugh at last year's woes.

GRACE

Speaking of boy troubles. What happened with 'what's his face'?

MAGGIE

I have no idea who you're talking about.

SHAY

Yes! Ugh! What was his name? The blonde one with those gorgeous blue eyes.

MAGGIE
(Cold, almost mocking)

Oh... Yeah... That one. Jonas fucking Romano.

SHAY

So?

MAGGIE

So what?

GRACE

Really? Tell! We have a 11 hour drive ahead of us and we need entertainment.

MAGGIE

Yeah, you probably don't want to hear about my soap opera life.

SHAY

Do you even know me? I live for soap operas.

MAGGIE

Fine, but just don't tell Liam.

CUT TO:

A BLACK SHOT FILLS THE SCREEN

The words

'Once there was a time,

Long long ago

When I had loved a man

And he said "I also love you, so."'

Appear in white lettering.