Scene VI

Scene VI EXT. WATERFALL CLIFF - AFTERNOON
We see MAGGIE and JONAS in Jonas' car approaching a steep drop off of cliff sides. There are two other cars there, one belongs to GABRIEL and the other is ALEX's. The boys are nowhere to be seen, but we can hear cheers and laughter from off screen. Maggie takes in the scenery, noticing the boys not there.

MAGGIE
Where's the rest of the guys?

JONAS
At the landing, jumping from up here would be stupid, come on.

MAGGIE
(Mumbling under her breath, laughing)
Yeah... Cause jumping from here is stupid.

JONAS
What was that?

MAGGIE
Nothing.

JONAS
Mhmm, okay. Let's go.

Maggie and Jonas exit his car, Maggie wraps her towel tighter around her body, nervous to come face to face with Alex again and to meet this new 'Gabriel' guy. She follows Jonas down a thin, steep trail winding down the cliff side.

Below a small waterfall there was a wide stone jutting half into the water, splashing droplets in every direction. A boy stands at the edge of the rock, his hair black like Maggie's and sparkling green eyes, her brother THOMAS PETERS (19). He doesn't see the two newcomers and flings himself off the rock into the water.

MAGGIE
Holy shit.

JONAS
What? You've never been back here?

MAGGIE
Never.

JONAS
Well, trust yourself and don't aim for the rocks and just... Fall.

Two hands scrambling for the top of the rock peak over the edge before two more hands join them. Soon after the connected bodies of two boys hoist themselves over the side, glistening with wet chests. GABRIEL NELSON (19), a fairly built boy with cropped blonde hair and Alex flop to the ground then scramble to get to their feet.

GABRIEL
I totally beat you!

ALEX
No, it's whoever gets to their feet first on the rock.

JONAS
How about it's whoever jumps in first?

Gabriel and Alex's heads snap to Jonas and Maggie. Alex considers Jonas' statement.

ALEX
Deal.

Alex dives off the edge of the cliff, letting out a loud whoop as he falls. Gabriel shakes his head at the cocky boy, walking to the couple. He grabs Jonas' hand and pulls him in for a 'bro' hug.

GABRIEL
(To Jonas)
So, who's this young lady?

JONAS
Margaret Peters, Tom's little sister.

GABRIEL
Ooh. Yeah, I kind of remember you wandering the school.

MAGGIE
And I don't remember you. Call me Maggie.

Gabriel shrugs and offers Maggie a handshake. She accepts.

GABRIEL
Well, I'm Gabriel Nelson. You can call me anytime.

JONAS
Alright, whatever. So, Maggie here has never been cliff jumping before.

GABRIEL
Huh, you've never lived. Have you bridge jumped?