Chapter 85

Jodie POV

We'd gone to the cinema, watched a movie and now we were walking back home in the dark. Brook's hand entangled with mine, it was quiet and slightly cold, leaning closer to him he mumbled "You cold?"

"I'm fine." I lied, he looked at me amused "Sure, you want my jacket?"

"Nope," I said stubborn, "I'm fine."

He asked "You fancy going on a detour?"

"To where babe? Navigation isn't our strong point." I drawled, yet I followed him as went a different way. The stars were out shining, as we walked, pulling me to a stop under a streetlight I looked at him confused.

"Brook what-" I got cut off. As he covered my mouth with his, kissing me deeply, his arms snaking round me waist pulling me against him. My arms wrapped round his neck, the breath whooshed out of me as he picked me up and setting me down on the wall. He broke away, moving to stand in between my legs. I gasped "What..."

"I love you," he said simply kissing me lightly, teasingly. Bringing him closer to me, I kissed him this time, slowing it down, lazily, like we had all the time in the world. And we did...until it started to rain heavily. Shrieking I pulled away shoving him "C'mon, we need to get back, it's 11pm."

Laughing he kissed me again, pulling me off the wall we ran back to the house, going inside, both of us out of breath but I couldn't stop smiling. Going in, I found the others there, apart from Shan and Clo that is. Jack chuckled "You two have fun?"

"That's a stupid question, their smiles say it all." Becky snickered, just as the door opened. I raised a brow "You're back early."

Shan and Clo came in, shutting the door they shared a look, Shan smirked "Trust me, we stayed any longer, Rye and Andy would be pissed at a handful of guys."

Clo pulled a face "I was dancing on my own thanks."

"Hmmm yeah, you thought you were." Shan giggled, "how was the date?"

I exchanged a look with Brook who cuddled me "Great."

"Great." Clo scoffed, "what a lovely word choice there."

Shan giggled "I thought you were tipsy?"

"...I might be." Clo snickered, "who knows, not me, I do know the music was on point but I also want a tea."

"Shocker." Nay chuckled.

Brook asked "So how was the club?"

"Great." Clo replied, Brook whined "Would you go pick on Jack instead?"

There was a knock at the door, Shan opened it "Oh hey...did you...oh don't mind me pal."

A guy walked in, dark hair, freckles over his face he looked a few years older than Clo to be honest. He said slowly "Clo?"

Clo turned gaze focused on him, he raised a brow "Well..."

"Oh shit." Clo swore eyes wide, "why are-"

"I work at the club, and you're pretty hard to miss." the guy said quietly, Clo stared at him folding her arms over her chest "Why are you here Ty?"

"Cause you walked-"

"And you don't get to walk back in. I walked away from it all those years ago, don't think you can just walk back into my life. I'm happy, I'm in a relationship and-"

"So what you don't regret it?" the guy asked tilting his head, "I found out about your family and-"

Clo scowled "You don't know-"