Chapter 20

Shan POV

We'd come back with the Chinese, and were currently all eating, I was nicking bits of Andy's whilst we chatted. Naomi was sat on the floor with Clo and I swear, if I had 10p for every time I heard book mentioned or TBR I'd be rich now. Rye was just watching Clo with so much love in his eyes it made me wonder, what would happen if something were to happen to them. I mean nothing is set in stone.

"Right the next one to mention books, is being banned from the TV." Jodie said glaring at the two girls.

Naomi shrugged glancing at Clo "You think your parents are gonna last this time?"

"If they don't I'm buying myself a library, locking the doors and declaring myself not related to them." Clo grumbled eating the noodles, Naomi flashed her a grin "Gotta love the fam."

"Don't say fam." Clo scowled, "it's a stupid word."

"You're stupid." Naomi snorted, "oh did I tell you about my brother and his girlfriend splitting?"

Clo raised a brow "Diddums, who broke it off?"

"He did. I swear, I could punch her." Naomi huffed, "like why'd you cheat on your guy then blame it on the alcohol?"

"Cause it's a great excuse," Clo said glancing at her phone she sighed and picked it up "You know this is harassment Mase?"

Naomi choked on her food "Why's he calling you?"

Clo put the phone down and a male voice came out "Seriously though, I can't believe she cheated on me."

"Yeah," Clo said flatly, "it's so heartbreaking."

"Clo, try and care for once. Just cause we-"

"We never hooked up jackass," Clo scoffed, "maybe in your dreams. Anyway, can you quit calling me now?"

"If you tell me how to get her to realise I'm the one."

Clo stared at the phone "I dunno Mase, I'm not exactly an expert. Now bye, enjoy trying to win her over."

The call ended.

I smirked "You look so done."

"I am." she muttered glaring at her phone, "honestly, boys."

Naomi raised a brow "You know, I think you need to snooze."

Clo looked at her "I ain't sleeping till later."

"Hmmm oh yeah guess what!" Naomi grinned, Clo drawled "You found a way to make fictional characters real?"

Naomi scoffed "That's heartbreaking. I wish I had though."

"What I wouldn't give to-" Clo paused as Naomi said "Careful, Rye's getting ready to fight whichever character you name."

"....oh lord Adrian. Holy hell," Clo whistled, "oh yeah still can't believe Mase died."

Naomi pouted "I know, the poor cutie."

"Stupid Rose." Clo sniffed, "stupid Adrian omg Adrian and Sydney though, cute couple or what?"

Naomi grinned "Totally cute. Oh yeah guess what...I'm totally seeing someone."

"Uh-huh," Clo said looking at her unimpressed, "and who is this someone?"

Naomi smirked "Katie."

"...she cute?" Clo laughed.

Naomi whacked her "Yes and you can't have her, you have Rye."

"True, but still," Clo smiled, "she here in the UK. Did you move for true love?"

Naomi groaned "You're insufferable."