Chapter 68

Clo POV

~ Dream ~

I looked over at my friends, it was like they couldn't see me, like I was invisible. Going closer I couldn't see Rye, the others were all there though. Shan sighed "I just can't believe it you know babe."

"I know," Andy said softly, "but she's been missing for a year now, he's allowed to move on."

Jodie mumbled "Aye but what if she-"

"She's not though, is she?" Brook mumbled lowly.

Leaving them in the lounge I went up to where my room used to be, walking in my stuff was all in boxes. And going to the other room it...it held a bed and Rye with a girl I knew all too well. His ex Lucy. Lucy the one who cheated on him, Lucy the one who hated me and made no secret about it.

She looked over at me, pain whooshed through me, she saw me. No. Why couldn't my friends see me. She crooned "Rye baby it'll be ok, you'll move on,"

"But-" he got interrupted as she began kissing him, pushing her body onto his, no room. He was kissing her back. Did he kiss me like that? Tears were falling down my face, but it didn't matter, only Lucy could see me. He pulled back slightly to kiss her cheek, then her neck, his hands on her. Her hands on him.

"Baby? Wake up."

They were meant to be clearly, I couldn't stop the sob that escaped me as I left the stupid room and ran to the attic only to see it was a guest room. I was replaced.

~ End Dream ~

Stirring I felt wetness on my face, reaching up I touched my face, I'd been crying? A light was on and I realised Rye was straddling me, hair tousled and eyes full of concern. Hands on my waist...my waist. Blinking back the tears as the dream came back to my mind, I remembered the text I'd gotten a few weeks back.

"Baby, talk to me, please." he said voice rough from sleep, I choked out "What time is it?"

"3am." he replied rolling off me and lying next to me, "you were mumbling in your sleep...then you started crying."

I mumbled "Just a bad dream."

"You wanna talk about it?" he asked quietly, looking at him I shook my head, instead I curled into him wrapping my arms round him. Relaxing into his embrace, I could hear his heartbeat too. I whispered "Love you,"

Closing my eyes I was about to fall asleep, when something started to creep into my mind, squeezing my eyes shut I tried to block out the lyrics that were bubbling up inside of me. Sighing softly, I slowly rolled off Rye, who'd fallen back asleep, got up and pulling my slippers and dressing gown on. I slipped out of my room and went to the door that leads to the attic, going up I smiled stepping inside my den, it was still a wee bit empty but it worked. I had a desk up here now, and several beanbags, my laptop was up here but most importantly, I could get these lyrics out of my head.

Jodie POV

Groaning as someone came into my room, I said "Go away."

Brook's hold on me tightened, pulling my body closer to him. A voice said "It's 10am Jodes, time to get up,"

I glared at Shan who smiled "Also...you seen Clo?"

"No." I huffed, as I slowly got out of my bed with Brook. Making our way down we went to the kitchen joining the others. Becky and Nay weren't here yet, they probably had work.