17.

Chapter 17

X A I V E R

I'm waiting for my Dad to discuss some Business with me and we all know that's not true. He is going to rant to me about the picture of Keylan and me. Whatever he has to say I'm not going to listen to his orders. I'm my own person and I get to do what I want with my life. It's not his business that I met someone, not in my standers.

I swirl my straw in my water, wondering what my Princess is doing right now.

I looked up when I heard someone pull out a chair from the table. My Dad sat down in front of me with a blank face. I hate it when he stares at me with his cold glare that makes me uncomfortable.

"Xaiver" He finally speaks, taking the glass of water then sipping it. "I'm not going to sit here and argue with you, but if you would listen to me and hear out what I have to say."

"Which is?" I ask feeling uninterested in what he has to say.

He folds his hands on the table. "I'll consider meeting this boy you are head over heels for. We will have dinner for you two Saturday night at my house."

I don't know if it's a fantastic idea to let Keylan meet my parents. My mom would gush all over him and my Dad will glare at him or bomb him with questions. Keylan is not the type of person to be under a lot of pressure. "I don't know if that is a good idea to invite him. He is not the type of person to communicate with people."

"Nonsense, it's right to meet him. Your mother is going to want to meet him regardless and you know how she feels about you didn't introduce her to your boyfriend."

"Why do I feel like it's something you want out of him?"

"Xaiver I'm trying to be supportive."

"I'll believe it when I see it," I mumbled, not believing in his words. I don't want Keylan to be scared or unconformable. "I'll see if he agrees to it."

He nodded, agreeing to my answer. We both chatted about the company and what not.

Why do I feel like my Dad is not proud of what I have become? I want to make him proud of me. I am his only son and he had dreams of me being the first generation to take over so I could pass it down to my child and so on.

"I also want you to do an interview explaining the photo. The people think you are trying to hide him."

"What if I was? He doesn't like all the attention on him."