Gotta Stay Hydrated

Isaac

Sometimes I think my talents have no end. Unbelievably cute, funny, sexy, smart...you get it, the list goes on and on and on and on...what was I talking about again? Oh yeah! Now I can add incredible househusband to the list. I've only been admiring my handiwork for ten minutes before I hear Noah ring the bell. Yay, he's here!

I quickly dust off the mess from my apron and swing open the door, revealing Noah and Phoebe. Phoebe being the flour baby, get it? Flour Baby, FB, FeeBee, Phoebe, it's actually genius! My choice obviously, Noah could have never. I look at him endearingly, shivering miserably in the dark. I don't even let him say anything before I grab his hand and pull him inside.

You know that feeling you get when someone's just so cute you want to squeeze them really really hard? Like a person or a really cute animal or something, that's just so adorable you almost crush them to death. Yeah, of course you do. Well, that's the feeling I get when I see Noah smile. He's just so precious, especially with that wonky dimple on his left cheek. So I can't help myself. I throw my arms around him and just hang out tightly, like a baby monkey clinging onto its mother. He tenses, momentarily surprised, but then hugs me back.    

"It's been less than a day since I saw you at the cafe, Isaac. You always hug me as if you haven't seen me in years."

Hehe, his breath on my neck is really ticklish. I wiggle a bit to duck around it, but tighten my grip on Noah when he goes to move away.

"You say that as if it isn't the best part of your day!"

I wink at him then realise that because we're hugging he can't see me. I let him go, push him away a little and give a sexy wink. Noah just makes a confused noise. He has no idea what's going on.

Hmmm, but neither do you, right? Have I even explained what I've done for my husband to you? Basically, I thought after a long hard day of fighting fire with fire, Noah needed a cute, romantic candlelit dinner, cooked by yours truly. I know. It's adorable. If I'm being honest with you, I guess I want Noah's friendship a bit more than I'm letting on, and I'm hardly being subtle. I'm just hoping if he sees the effort I'm putting into this, he'll do the same.

I start to jump up and down a bit in front of Noah. I'm buzzing. I had to get the gang to help me, mind you. Xavier gave me his family famous spaghetti sauce recipe, so that's going to be great. He's cooked it for me a few times and boy o boy is it good. Viv helped me choose a bunch of flowers from the supermarket after school to use as a centrepiece. Yeah, I  just used the word centrepiece. Just call me...I don't really know any famous interior designers, so you'll have to use your imagination. And Oscar...well he didn't really do much, but moral support is always appreciated.

So the red roses are sat in the middle of the table, so that's looking fine as hell. I even found some red glitter to put over the table. Sure, it says 'happy birthday' but details, details. This is glam on a budget. Now all I have to do is cook the spaghetti. And the garlic bread, but that's a given.

Noah starts to take off his coat, and I run and grab Phoebe. I'm a bit relieved to see that Noah's kept her nice and safe. Especially with her new face. She's beautiful. Takes after her fathers.

"So, what did I do to deserve all this? If I'd have known, I'd have dressed up." He gestures down his body at his school uniform. I lick my lips. He stops and scowls at me.

"Stop that."

"Make me."

"Isaac."

"Noah."

"You're still licking your lips."

"Gotta stay hydrated."

"Isaac."

Trip Hazardजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें