17: Only Sarah

Chapter 17 :Only Sarah

I probably mentioned my lack of experience in writing before. I probably mentioned how hard it is for me not of stray off the topic and start rambling about completely different topics.

And thanks to the same lack of experience that I just mentioned, it was a tough job for me to capture the seriousness of the moment.

Although I have to admit, I don't think it was because I was a novice writer. I think the spiritual emotions and seriousness of the moment would've made it hard for even the NYT bestselling authors to write on.

It was like one moment my heart was set on something, and the next it just changed its beliefs totally.

A total 180 degrees.

After reading that verse, my body started trembling slightly and my hands were shivering on their own.

What's this? What's this? I was thinking over and over again.

Then I read the words again and shuddered.

"God..oh Allah..oh God...oh Allah.." I was muttering words that made no sense. Even I couldn't make sense of what I was saying.

Then I did the only thing that made sense to me.

I picked up the phone and dialed Sammy's number.

At this point, we were already as close as we were before, maybe even closer; I knew I could rely on him at times like these.

My journey to God has not only helped me find my soul, it had also helped me redeem a brother I thought I lost forever.

"Hey Adam." His voice sounded more calm than ever.

"Sam.." My voice was tight and constricted.

"What's wrong bro?"

"It's..." I sighed deeply, "Can you come around for a second?"

"Be there in a few, mate!"

Boy, was I thankful to have someone like him in my life.

A few hesitant, troubled thoughts later and he was at the door.

He kicked his shoes off and crashed into the armchair.

I glared at him, an eyebrow raised.

"What's up, man?" He questioned my if-looks-could-kill glare.

"Please, make yourself at home." I said sarcastically.

"Well. I'm doing you a favor by ditching my personal life and coming..." He chuckled.

"Oh right!" I slapped my forehead dramatically, "I kinda might've forgotten...you have a life!"

"Haha very funny Adam."

Sarcasm runs in our blood, people.

"Alrighty. Sam, we need a plan and we need it now."

"What happened though? You sounded a bit shaken up when you called..."

I sighed.

"It's a long story."

"Oh my God...ya Allah...!" Sam exclaimed after I finished recounting what happened, his eyes as wide as saucers.

"So you really think it was a sign from God?"

"Adam, my man, this just sounds too much of a coincidence. But it's for you to judge at the end of the day."

I sighed for the Nth time that night.

"I know. I know. I just don't know what to do..."

"What is your heart telling you?"