12: Praying to the Wrong God

Fabulous cover by stairsanddoors123  she really makes awesome covers MashaAllah 😭😍❤ Thanks ALOT!

Chapter 12: Praying to the Wrong God.

     Watching Sarah reading from that tiny book was like watching someone read a moving or sad story.  It was funny but also very interesting in a way.

Funny because you can literally see all types of expressions on her face. You'd know she came across a sad part when she creases her eyebrows and draws her mouth into a thin line, sometimes even letting a tear escape.

You'd know she was coming across a happy, hopeful part when she'd start smiling a small smile , with her eyes shining hopefully.

And interesting because...well because of the exact same reason.

Hope for what? Sad from what? Scared of what? I'd ask myself every time I'd see all those emotions fleeting through her gorgeous face.

So one day, I just got up and asked her.

No, I didn't ask her what was so sad, what was hopeful, or what exactly was so scary about the book.

"Hey Sarah!" I greeted her, "That book you're reading seems interesting.  What's it about?"

"This?" She asked, pointing at the book in front of her.

I nodded.

"This is the Quran..." She smiles slightly, "You should definitely read it sometime."

The Quran. Sounds pretty familiar.

Of course. It was that book that told them to kill non-Muslims and all that.

Nah. I definitely would NOT want to read it sometime.

Or maybe I do want to read it giving that I've been listening to it almost every night now?

"Uh...Wow... isn't it that book that tells you to slaughter people and I don't know what...?"

She shakes her head. The small smile stays there, but it turns sad just a little.

"Adam, it doesn't. " She answers firmly, "instead of believing what you're being brainwashed and tricked into believing...why don't you check for yourself?  You've asked enough questions.  If you're that curious, read it."

"I don't know...." I say hesitantly.

"I promise Adam, it doesn't bite." She laughs quietly. "It may not all be roses and flowers, but sometimes the Truth isn't all pink and butterflies."

"Hm...maybe I will..." I nod my head and turn to go.

"Oh and Adam..." She calls, " You won't regret it."

I don't know Sarah , we're not all as confident as you are.

****************

     YouTube was always the best thing to do. Especially in my situation. I swear, I wanted to read the Quran. I mean, really wanted to read it.

I just wasn't ready yet.

So instead, I decided to give YouTube a visit.

I typed The Quran and waiting for the results.

The first result was something about scientific miracles in the Quran or something.