Jack

Luke's pov

*2 years later*

We were doing Thanksgiving at my place. Caroline and Miranda were upstairs gushing over our new baby boy Brett, born a few weeks ago. Jason and Jack were in the kitchen. "Hey check on the turkey." Miranda says from the staircase then disappears back into the nursery. I chuckle softly to myself and walk into the kitchen. Jason was fixing a plate while Jack was playing something on Jason's phone. "How's the food, hotshot?" I ask. He laughs. "I'm hungry. Bite me." "No thanks." I say opening the oven. Suddenly Jack screams and I almost burn myself in surprise. He was shaking and threw the phone. "What happened?!" I gape. "A bad guy." He mumbles. "He was on YouTube. It must've been an ad for a horror movie." Jason says, walking over to him. He was rocking. Poor kid. I pick his phone back up and baste the turkey. "It's almost ready." I say turning around. "He okay?" "Just a little spooked." Jack had become withdrawn again. It seemed his autistic ticks have gotten worse. I worry the doctor is right and someday soon he will fall into his own little world. Finally, after about a half hour of Jason trying to calm him down, he starts to act normal again. He put him on some coloring app. The little boy smiled and quickly became enthralled in it. "It's getting harder and harder to pull him out of that." Man, it almost makes me think of PTSD. "He'll be fine, Jase. I mean he's a tough Aldean!" "I'm so worried though. What if.... What if I lose my boy forever." I stare at him worried. "You won't." I shakily say, hoping that never happens. The girls come downstairs. "Everything okay?" He tells them what happened.

Jason's pov

She instantly runs over to Jack. "How's my little boy?" "I'm okay Mama." I hope he is.

*Later*

Caroline served chocolate pie for dessert for everyone. The house was packed with relatives, friends, and neighbors. I looked around for Jack and Miranda but they're was so much people, it was difficult. I saw a couple kids in a corner talking and pointing. I heard one whisper, "He's weird." I looked where they were pointing and my heart stopped. Jack. He was rocking back and forth slowly while eating his pie. Anger flares up in me. I didn't really recognize the kids. "Do not call my son weird. He can't help it." I say, trying not to yell. The boys jump and run away. I wish I could make these kids understand. There's nothing wrong with him. He's different but he's still a great kid who likes to play like everyone else. It drives me crazy. All the stares. The whispers. It's frustrating. I sigh and scoop Jack up. I pick his pie up and take him to the dining room.

Luke's pov

Jason walks in looking pissed while carrying Jack. Before I could do anything, Miranda and him got to talking. I couldn't hear what they were saying. "Hey Luke, grab the cookies out of the oven." Caroline says. I nod and get a potholder. "Love ya babe." I say kissing her after getting them. I shine and feed her one. "Your the best Lukey." She whispers. I'm a lucky lucky man.