A Crazy Chapter

Luke's pov

We reach the control room again but as I expected, she's gone. I shakily fall to my knees horrified. Jason rests a hand on my shoulder. "We will find her Luke!" "How?!" He smiles. "I found her once I can do it again." He then lights a cigarette and walks to the control panel. "This fucker messed with the wrong cowboy for the last time." He growls and grabs a shotgun from under the table. "Whoo! Boy I bet if you didn't come back for me, he'd have blown you sky high." He says, checking to see if it's loaded. It is. "Let's go." He says, slinging it over his shoulder. We get out of that weird tunnel. Caroline stands there! I was about to run forward but Jason stopped me. "It's obviously a trap Luke!" "No it's not! Luke! I love you!" She cries. My eyes go wide. I pull free and run to my beloved but she vanishes as I get there. Huh? I look around confused. "LUKE!" Jason screams then a silver thing pierces my chest. I hear Caroline scream.

Jason's pov

God that guy is way technologically advanced! Cloaking?! Holograms?! He pulls Luke back. I run forward to help him but a cage flies out of the ground around me. "Shit!"

Luke's pov

"Let him go!" Jason cries. Blood seeps out of the wound and coats my shirt. "Leave my daughter alone. You'll never get to be with her." I hear the click of that shotgun. "You better let him go I'll shoot your motherfucking ass and I. Don't. Miss." My best friend growls, sticking his hand out with the shotgun pointed.

Jason's pov

He whistles loudly and two big muscly guys walk out. Crap! One steals the shotgun.

Luke's pov

The douche shoots him with the shotgun! "Ahhh!" "Now go on home." He says, smiling. The shotgun pointed at Jason's head. I fall to my knees in surrender. "Escort these boys off my property." He says, taking off in the chopper. "Caroline!" The cage disappears back into the ground and Jason's unconscious now. I shake him awake, worried. He groans in pain. "We have....... To get to..... A hospital." He chokes out. Adrenaline has made me forget my own wound I help him up and we walk out of there. "What do we do now?" I ask shakily. He lights a cigarette and pulls out his phone. He calls for an ambulance. "You okay?" "No. My fiancé is gone and I'll never see her again." "I'm sorry man. We tried our best.... And our best wasn't good enough. I had the shot I shoulda taken it when I had the chance!" "It's not your fault, man."

*later*

Our wounds were taken care of and Miranda runs to Jason terrified. "I'm okay hun." He says. "Don't ever do something like that again!" She cries. He sighs. "I am. I gotta." My eyes go wide. "What?" "As soon as we recover, we'll find 'em Luke." I'm shocked. "Ya got shot man! I can't ask you to do that again!" He narrows his eyes. "You ain't askin' man." "Please Jason don't do this!" Miranda cries. "Go home!" He shouts, pointing behind her. "I'm just worried about you." She says. "I'm fine. Go on home. I'll be home soon." He says, hugging her.

*later*

We go to the chopper rental place and show them pictures of her and her dad. We get the info and a pilot to fly us up there. "Jason, you don't have to do this. I can do it by myself!" He smiles and rests his hands on my hips. "Now what kinda friend would I be if I let you have all the fun. Take us up there man." I bite my lip worried. We get in the chopper. I rest a hand on the glass. "We'll get you Caroline. I love you baby." I whisper. I turn to my best friend. "Jason I-" "Stop tryin' to get me to quit it won't work." He cuts me off. I laugh. "No I was gonna say thanks. You're my best friend." He smiles. "You're my best friend too Luke." We share a hug. I feel a sharp pinprick in the back of my neck. "W-What was that?" I gape. What the?! I feel super dizzy! He stands up. "I'm sorry buddy but you're too nice to handle this like it should be handled." He says, grabbing a gun. "W-What?!" I cry. "Just stay here, Luke. I'll take care of it." "You're gonna kill Caroline's dad aren't you!?" He smiles sadly. "Yep. To stop a threat, ya gotta kill the threat." His military training has kicked in. "No! Jason we don't have to resort to murder!" I cry, grabbing his shirt sleeve. I feel faint. He makes me sit back down. "Just go to sleep Luke." He sedated me! I can't believe this! "Jason! Don't!" I cry before fainting.