Seeing Something He Shouldn't

Jason's pov

I found myself going to the cemetery. I found Andrew's grave. It sent chills down my back as I remembered the conversation yesterday with Luke. Then like a driving force, I walk down the pathway a little bit. I clench my fists absolutely shaking. That's when I find it. My grave. That's the scariest thing ever. I already have a marked grave because of that clone they sent back. It's so weird. My mind flashes back to that absolutely terrifying day.

~flashback~

They dragged me out, someone's fist in my hair. They threw me to my knees and the doors opened up, smoke billowing everywhere. I couldn't see anything but I heard someone shout, "Grab him!" Then three guys ran in and pulled a fighting man out. That man was me. Someone is shaking me.

~flashback over~

I shake the foggy tense memory to see my worried wife and young son. "Huh... How... How'd you.... Know I was here?" I mumble, dazed. "You texted me. I never wanted you to see this. I knew it would mess you up!" Texted her? I never... I don't remember texting her. Must've been when I was in the flashback. Weird. "I... I... I had to s-see it." "Why?" "I don't.... I don't know." I say, shakily. She grabs my hand, terrified. "I... I'm sorry." "I'm so worried about you." "I... I'm okay."

Luke's pov

"Luke do you ever want kids?" "Yeah. Kids'd be great." I say kissing her head as she lay on my bare chest. I smile and rub her back. Then my phone rings and it makes her jump. I laugh softly and she swats me in the chest. I kiss her then answer the phone. "Hello." It's Miranda. "Hey Luke, we had a bit of an issue today." Uh oh. "What happened?" I gasp sitting up. "Luke?" Caroline gasps in surprise. "He.... Well... He saw his grave and he hasn't been the same since. I'm really worried." "I'm coming over." I say getting off the phone and getting up to get dressed. "What's wrong?" "Jason saw his grave and it kinda freaked him out." "Oh man!" Caroline says, covering her mouth. I hug her. "I'll text you later." I head over there. He was sitting in his chair with a cup of room temperature coffee, just staring into the blazing fireplace. "He hasn't moved and I can't get him to talk." Miranda says worried. I hug her. "Don't worry, we'll figure it out." I walk over and sit on the bricks of the fireplace. "Jase, buddy, can ya hear me?" He doesn't respond.

Jason's pov

Flashes of memory shoot passed me in an endless mind numbing blur. I can't make sense of anything and my brain feels like it's going to explode.

Luke's pov

Suddenly he stands up and screams, covering his eyes. "Jason!" I cry standing up and grabbing his shoulders. "Make it stop." He whispers, scaring the shit out of me. He falls to his knees. "Please just make it stop!" "Make what stop?" I gape, bending down beside him. "L-Luke?" He whispers, squinting at me. "Yeah man it's me." "L-Luke... My.... My goddamn PTSD.... I can't take it anymore.... My head is gonna explode." "I don't... I want to help, Jason." I gasp, feeling useless to help. "I don't know what to do." He shakily says. "I'm dead. I've got a grave." "You ain't dead!" "I feel dead." "You ain't dead! You've got a wife and a son who love you!" "Daddy!" The sweet little boy runs into his father's arms. He stumbles slightly but catches his balance. "Hey b-buddy.... S-Sorry for scarin' y'all. My... My head's just hurting." That adorable kid smiles. "I love you Daddy." My best friend is almost in tears. "I love ya too son. You're the best gift I've ever gotten, along with your gorgeous mother." I smile and stand up. I help him stand up. "Thanks Luke. I... I uh lost my head there, huh?" He says, holding him on his hip. "Yeah but you're alright. We're all alright." I say hugging him. I head home and tell Caroline that everything is okay. I'm definitely relieved to be able to say that.