- 35 -

chapter thirty-five:

Peter was not happy ― Caelum, could tell. “You can't just. . .!” He trailed off and Caelum scoffed.

“Just what? Get my money out of the bank?” He was possessing a teenage girl. She was Asian with short bobbish hair. She had chewing gum in her mouth when Caelum possessed her, which he immediately spat out ― he hates chewing gum.

“Cael, you aren't eighteen,” Peter tried to reason, but Caelum wasn't hearing it. He continued to type quickly on the computer. Peter was watching out for him, in case anyone saw him trying to get into a bank's information server.

“You really shouldn't be next to me like this,” Caelum ignored his comment, continuing to work. “The whole point of doing this is that if someone looks through the camera and sees us, they see someone else editing vital information, and not me.”

“I'm not going to leave you alone while you get yourself sent to prison!” He snapped the last word and Caelum gave a nervous smile.

“I'm almost done, alright? Give me a minute.” He had finally found his pulic records profile. He changed the age and date of birth from 2001 to 1998, effectively making himself over the age to take the money he needed out.

Just in time too, his neck was beginning to prickle. He began to wipe the computer of any evidence and stood up, grinning. “See, easy-peasy. Now, where did you put my body?”

Peter was not amused, he frowned crossing his arms. “I don't think we should start out relationship off with money laundering and theft. Where did you learn that, anyway?”

“Don't admit to it!” He whispered, annoyed someone might overhear. “Mr. Goldson taught me. Well, he taught me a bit of basics, and a elective in computer programming helped. That doesn’t matter, where did you put me?”

“Over there,” he pointed to the couch in the corner of the room.

It was empty.

Peter?” Caelum stared at the couch in shock and horror. His heart skipped a beat, and he began to panic from wondered where he was and what someone might be doing with his uninhabited body. “Peter, please tell me you're kidding.”

“I am.” Caelum turned around and Peter was smiling, his face red from trying to contain his laughter.

He hit Peter’s arm, making the laughter bubble out. Peter half-remembered that they were in a library and tried ― unsuccessfully ― to contain it. “Don't fucking do that!” He snapped, shaking with anger. The face of the girl he was inhabiting lit with blotchy reds. He felt like his cheeks were being held under a open flame. He didn't realize how weird blushing was.

Peter grinned cheekily and he walked him to his body, which was sitting on a couch, dazedly staring at a book. Caelum looked in his eyes and blinked. He stretched and put the book away as Peter helped the girl he was possessing. “Are you okay?” He asked her, as she stumbled a bit on her feet, confused.

“Yes. . . I. . . Yeah, I'm sorry, what just happened?” She replied in a soft and dainty voice, and Peter gave her a kind smile.

“You fell, you looked a bit pale,” Peter lied, but continued with that smile ― smiling at her. “Do you want me to call someone? Are you feeling okay?” Her eyes lit up and her cheeks dusted with a blush.