XX - Moon Phases

The Moon can have an important role in witchcraft (if you choose to include it in your practice). Many witches observe the different phases of the Moon, believing that each of them has different magical properties. The Moon can even affect our moods and actions. This is why we should choose the type of spell according to the current Moon phase – if the phase corresponds to the spell, it will have more power and manifest (come true) better.
I will explain the basics with bullet points.

New Moon            🌑
Waxing Crescent 🌒
First Quarter        🌓
Waxing Gibbous  🌔
Full Moon             🌕
Waning Gibbous 🌖
Third Quarter      🌗
Waning Crescent 🌘

The lunar month, or one cycle of the Moon, lasts about 28 days. This means that it takes the Moon 28 days to go from new, to full, and back to new. The phases can be simplified into four main ones: New Moon, Waxing Moon, Full Moon, and Waning Moon. Each phase takes 7 days (3 days before, the day of, and 3 days after), so you have plenty of time to do magic for each.

If you can't see the Moon to know what phase it is, you can google "Moon phase" and you should find it. I always use the website 'timeanddate.com'.

New Moon, Dark Moon 🌑
- Time: when the Moon is dark and invisible, plus 3 days before and 3 days after.
- New beginnings, starting new projects, jobs, or relationships, planning ahead, setting goals and intentions, starting over.
- Cleaning and cleansing items.
- Healing, self-improvement, beauty, hope, faith.
- Attracting the things you want into your life.
- New diet, new lifestyle, shifting to a new course of study, starting over in a new place.
- Banishing negativity, letting go of the old, reversing circumstances, justice, peace.

Waxing Moon 🌒🌓🌔
- Time: when you can see the right side of the Moon, but it's not full yet.
- Ideas, inspiration, growth, motivation, emotions, creativity, learning.
- Courage, energy, vitality, freedom.
- Healing, health, luck, positive change, success, wealth, accomplishments.
- Friendship, love.
- Elemental magic.

Full Moon 🌕
- Time: when you can see the Moon completely, plus 3 days before and 3 days after.
- Power, positive spells, passion, strength, competition, victory, getting a job.
- Charging items, cleansing, consecrating, enchanting, charming.
- Art, love, fertility, beauty, wealth, abundance.
- Healing, nurturing, protection.
- Decision making, divination, guidance, knowledge, psychic abilities, dreams.
- Completion of projects, achievements.
- Honoring Goddess(es).

Waning Moon 🌖🌗🌘
- Time: when you can see the left side of the Moon, but it's not full anymore.
- Removing unwanted things, getting rid of bad habits, removing troubles, worries, anxiety, and stress.
- Reversing circumstances, letting go of the old, releasing.
- Cleansing, emotions, protection.
- Personal reflection, wisdom.
- Ending relationships, quitting a job, quitting a diet.

Sources:
"How to Perform a New Moon Ritual", author: Phylameana Iila Desy, site: thoughtco.com

"Moon Phase Correspondences", author: Emma, site: thesolitarypath.wordpress.com

"LUNAR PHASES AND CORRESPONDENCES", site: crystalwind.ca