Chapter 28

"It all started when I was five"
~~~
Blake at five years old

Today is the day! I'm finally getting adopted! Wooohooooo! Ms. Lincoln told me to get all my stuff together, which I already did, I was waiting in the entrance for my new family. I'm so excited! Three knocks where heard at the door and Ms. Lincoln rushed to it. Out came a Woman and Man, I got up and ran to the woman and hugged her legs. She picked me up out me on her side, Ms. Lincoln smiled. The woman had beautiful hazel eyes and little specks of green, she also and raven black hair with bangs that went to the side. The man, had and dark blue eyes, with blonde hair, well dirty blonde hair. Ms. Lincoln took them into the office and had them sit down, the women had me sit in her lap. They talk and filled out some papers. With that the man picked me up and carried me out into there red car. The bucked my car seat and off me went too my new home...

They got me out of the car and rushed into the home, then threw me on the ground. I screamed out in pain and the women rushed out to cover my mouth.

"Shut up you little bitch" the woman tried to keep her voice down. The man then kneeled right next to where I laid.

"You listen here, you will address us as ma'am and sir, and don't cause any trouble, got it!" I nodded my head in understanding to the man.

"I still don't understand why we had to get this child, Derek" the Woman said to the man.

"We can't keep using the walls has punching bags Lori." The man, Derek said to the woman, Lori. With that Derek kicked my stomach, and left with Lori, has I laid on the ground wondering, "why does this world hate me..."
______________
*six years old*
"STUPID SLUT! WHY CANT YOU KEEP THAT LITTLE MOUTH OF YOURS SHUT!" Another kick to the back.
"DONT EVER THINK ABOUT TALKING AGAIN! THAT WILL DO US ALL A FAVOR"
As you wish... from here on out I won't ever speak.
"NO ONE WILL EVER LOVE YOU"
I guess not, everyone at the orphanage hates me, you all hate me, even my parents abandoned me...

With one final kick to the head Derek left me in my room...or closet. All I had was my diary, stitch, and a tiny blanket. Not that much but it was mine. I was barely aloud food. Which is something that I have gotten use too. My seventh birthday was tomorrow. And for some reason they have been going easy on me. Usually more name calling, punches, kicks. That kind of stuff. Maybe they are becoming nicer....impossible.

I heard stomping coming towards my room, I started shaking. The door ripped opened and I was pulled out. I knew it was Derek for he threw me over his shoulder. I started crying and shaking. Scared of what he was planning. He grabbed leaned back and let me fall. I fell down the stairs and laid there at the bottom. To hurt to move. I heard the clicking sound of heels and saw Lori coming. She jammed her heel in my stomach as blood leaked out of my mouth from biting my tongue, to stop myself from screaming. Derek came running down the stairs and stepped on my ribs, hearing the cracks. He removed his foot after a good minute. Both looked down at me in disgust. Derek then stepped on my arm finally getting me to scream. Lori then kicked my head, causing me to past out.

I later woke up in a hospital room.a doctor talking to Ms. Lincoln and a police man. When they noticed me awake, the doctor came over to me.
"Are you okay?" I look at the doctor and nodded, "does anything hurt?" I pointed to my ribs. The doctor nodded and took a look. Everyone's face looked grim and I decided too look. I noticed that it was purple. Then I looked at my arm and noticed a cast. I was later told that they have been arrested, and they I should be ok to leave in a day. With that I closed my eyes and went back too sleep.
____________
No one talks to me, they know I won't answer. I haven't talked since then. I don't plan one talking at all. The doctors fear I'll lose my voice, but I don't care. I've already lost it. Mentally it's gone, physically I can still talk.
_________
No, no no no! This can't be happening! I don't wanna go! No! No no no! I'm getting adopted again. I don't wanna go, I don't want too. There gonna beat me, there going to! Ms. Lincoln says they won't but I don't believe her. I won't ever believe her. She thought the other family would of been amazing, but they hurt me. This one is gonna do that same thing! I don't wanna go, they can't make me!

Ms. Lincoln sat in my room forcing me to pack, getting me ready. I don't want too. She's forcing me. I kept my head down hoping tears won't fall. I don't wanna go... when I was done packing me walked down the stairs and waited for the family. They came and I started shaking more and more. They were two women, one was really short, the other was tall and had some muscles to her, the short one a little chubby, both were still beautiful. The tall one had brown hair, that was cut in a pixie haircut, she also had dark brown eyes, with black, with a little pink glasses. The short one had brown hair too, but with green eyes. Her hair went too mid back. They looked nice, but looks can fool you...

They filled out all the paper work, and took me to there car. From there we were on are way The there home. I didn't know there name, all I knew was there last name was willow, the tall one decided to take the short ones last name. We pulled up to a one story house. The tall one got out and went too me, she grabbed my arm too tight and pulled me out, I let out a little sound as she tighten her grip. When we got inside the short girl slammed the door, and they pulled me into a basement. They threw me down. I laid on the floor and tried to get up, but the short one grabbed my hair.

"You listen here, you are too stay down here, my family wants me too have grandchildren and if I didn't adopt you they would of separated me from my love, we hate children so never think we will ever show kindness too you, got it!" The short one yelled at me, I nodded my head as best as I could with her having a grip on my hair. She let go, making my head hit the ground. I slowly felt myself fading into darkness, I didn't fight it, instead I let it consume me.

Why? A question that has never been answered. A question I ask myself all the time. A question that will remain forever. A question marked in my brain. Why? Why Me? Why does this happen too me? Lilly-the short one- and Linda-the tall one- were awful. They were always drunk. Drunk plus a little girl locked in a basement, do not equal a good thing. It is like taking a negative number and subtracting it by a huge number. Yes, I may be eight but I have gotten good with math. All that was around were books on history, poems, Shakespeare, Mathematics, all that. But, when drunk they would come here and torture me. Whip me, punch, kick, anything you can think of the have probably done. I hate this life. What did I ever do too deserve this life? Why? Why me?

___________

Freedom, like a wild wolf finally being freed from its cage. To a bird being released. Too getting you're driver's license. Or even getting a house and moving away from you're controlling parents. Or going out too a party. Being free was amazing. I felt the pressure on my chest release as I woke in a hospital room. I was free from those two demons. From the abuse, I don't ever wanna be adopted again.

_____________

"...After all that I was adopted three more times, but was brought back quickly for they just couldn't handle me. "

Logan looked at me with wide eyes, then slowly went in too hug me. It was then I realized I was crying. I slowly cried in the crook of his neck.

"Shh, it's okay, you're here now. You are loved now."

I finally knew what it felt too be loved...