chapter 25

Blake's POV

How... how could he leave. I just didn't know how. After everything. He was my first friend, someone I could trust, someone who was there for me. During the most thing ever he was there, he comforted me. I just...how!? I looked at Jordan to see him looking at his hands, a frown upon his face. Jordan was happy, he never had a frown on his face, only a smile.

"We will be able to stay in contact right!?" I questioned him.

"I"m sorry but no, I can't Blake. Alex already knows, he will explain in more detail. But I have to go and pack. I am so sorry Blake," he got up and hugged me.

"It was nice meeting you Logan, and I'm sorry to cut getting to now you, till me meet again." Logan was in utter shock, a fish out of water. Jordan went up to him and gave him one of those weird man hugs. Jordan looked at me one last time and walked over, "please don't cry Blake, please. I promise we will meet again, pinkie promise." He held his pinkie out, we interlaced are pinkies to seal a promise. A promise I will remember. With one last hug we left my room, and the house.

I looked back on what happen those last few minutes. What gang was making Jordan leave? Why couldn't he tell me everything ? Why didn't Alex tell me? What's going to happen now? So many questions and no answers. Alex decided to hold off on telling Logan about everything for tomorrow, and he was also going to explain to us about why Jordan was leaving. Logan was still in my room, and both of us haven't said a word. Until Logan decided to break the it.

"Why, do you think he's leaving?" Logan said. I thought then realized he didn't hear.

"I-I don't know, there's so many reasons, I just don't understand why we can't stay in contact." I told Logan.

"I don't know either,I wish I did though," Logan told me. He then looked at me, "sooo, do you know what Alex wants to tell me?" I smiled, he was trying to change the subject.

"Yup I sure do," I said.

"Then, can you tell me?" Logan asked.

"Nope." I smiled, but then frowned, I couldn't fake being happy.

"Hey, it's going to be alright, okay." Logan said.

"Alright."
————————————————
"What is it that you wanted to tell me Alex?" Logan asked Alex, it was the next day and Alex was finally telling Logan, I just wonder how he will react.

"In one week my father will be here, and ummm," Alex looked a little confused on how to put it out.

"And what?" Logan asked.

"You see Logan, I didn't want Blake to be alone, but there's also another reason why I adopted you," Alex breathed in then out, "I'm a gang leader, and my father wants to know that it will continue, and doesn't want a girl, so I need to act like someone else will take over even though when I die the gang dies with me, if that make since," Alex finally did it. Logan looked shocked. Speechless.

"Wait, WHAT!?" Logan shouted out, " this is a joke right hehe, nice joke. Good job you really got me...this isn't a joke huh," me and Alex both shook are heads. Logan then looks down, "So what, after your father goes your gonna send me back to the orphanage?"

"No Logan, never, I promise we will not send you back. Your part of the family now," Alex said, "now I'm sure your curious as to why Jordan is leaving," Logan and I both nodded are heads, "You see Jordan's father is also a gang leader and a gang is after them, his father decided to make a choice on moving across the country to New Hampshire, they don't want anything tracing them, so that's why we can't keep in contact with them, but one day they will come back. Alright." Alex explained.

"Oh, he's going to be alright, right." I asked.

"Yes, yes he will." Alex told me.
—————————————————
One week has passed since Jordan left. It has just been me and Logan. Other kids have been asking us where he went, all we say is that he switched schools. Today was a Saturday, is also the day Alex father is coming. I was scared, I told Logan what happened with Andrea when I asked her about Alex's family. I think he's a little nervous. Probably more nervous then I was, he was the one who was "taking over the gang". At least that's what Alex's dad thinks.

"Do you think he is scary?" I looked over at Logan, my guess was correct. He was more nervous about this than me.

"I have no idea," I replied. That seemed to make him more nervous.

We stood outside the doorway to the kitchen to hear and mans voice. We listened closely.

"Your becoming weak Alex," I was shocked to hear that, I looked over at Logan and he motioned to stay quite, "I mean really getting married!? Letting a women have control over you! Adopting kids!" My eyes widen at the mans words. How could this be Alex's dad!?

"Father this is my choice, my choices should be no concern to you. I kno-" What sounded like a slap was heard. I took a peak inside to see that a man who had grey hair. He stood tall with no facial hair. He looked scary. Scars covered his face. Alex was holding his cheek but did not have a reaction, as if he was expecting it.

"Never talk back to me, now how about you let me meet these insects that you took in,"

I was petrified to be in front of this man.

(I was thinking about ending here but nah.)

"Blake, Logan! Can you please come here!" Yelled Alex.

"I thought you adopted a girl and boy?" Questioned Alex's dad.

"I did Blake is a girl." When Alex said that we decided to walk in.

Alex's dad and Alex looked at us. By the look that Alex's dad was giving us I could tell that he already did not like us. Not one bit.

"Kids this is my father, you can call him-"

"Mr. Carter, they can call me that or sir," Mr. Carter said, finishing off Alex's sentence.

"Hi Mr. Carter I'm Blake." I said.

"And, I'm Logan," Logan said.

"Starting a sentence with and, what have your teachers been teaching you? Nothing!"

Who knew someone could get so angry about that? I understand if your writing something, but saying it is a different story.

"Also, when are we having lunch!"

Yup, It's official, I hate this sexist guy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How did you guys like it? Sorry I didn't update sooner