That's Who You Really Are (Chapter 21)

Previous chapter...

"I think that's all I can do without killing myself." You sighed. "But his heart is back to normal and he'll be waking up soon," You quickly got up and jumped to a nearby tree; a pain when through your body as you landed on the tree.

"You should have used the Ninjutsu on yourself. At this rate, you might die from blood loss."

"I will not die! I will make it to Orochimaru's, I have to~"

That's Who You Really Are

After jumping from tree to tree for a while, you had come to the conclusion that you were far enough from the Hidden Leaf. Collapsing from exhaustion and blood loss, you fell off the tree you were leaning on. Hitting the floor harshly, a sharp pain when through your body.

"I guess this is the end hm~"

"No, it's not!" You shouted trying to get up, but automatically falling back down to the ground. "I will make it and prove you wrong!" Yet again you tried to get back up but fell once again hitting your head hard on the ground. "I'm not done yet!"

Your vision began to get blurry from the blood loss, eventually, all you could see was black. Your mind began to drift away as all your thoughts and last wishes came to you.

"I guess you were right, this is the end..."

-

-

-

Your eyes fluttered open, all you could see was white; you were back in the same white void from last time. Yet this time it felt different to you, you could move your body and sense the surrounding area; it was like you were in control.

You decided to sit up and look around, but all you could see was white. After finally looking around for the second time something caught your eye. In the distance something was appearing, something dark.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be dead?"

"Well, I feel dead but... it's like something is off," you answered, trying to pinpoint the exact feeling. "Wait, aren't you supposed to feel what I feel?" You inquired.

"It doesn't exactly work like that~"

"Then explain we have all the time in the world now," you stated, sitting on the ground.

"I don't want to explain anything to an incompetent girl like you!"

"Oh~ sounds like someone is mad," You laughed; a moment of silence then fell.

You thought about the situation you were in, you thought about the dark thing in the distance. After pondering for a while, you had come to the conclusion that it might be the voice in your head. You have never seen the person in your head nor ever thought nothing of it. Did it have a body? Or was it something like a spirit?

"Hey spirit or whatever you are, aren't you going to show yourself or not?" You somewhat demanded now looking in the direction of the darkness.

"I am not a spirit and why would I show myself to you?"

"Because if this is my afterlife, I might as well get to know you," you suggested. Getting up from the ground, you began to walk toward the dark figure.