Why Didn't You Tell Me (chapter 12)

Previous chapter...

"Let's eat then," he said walking into Ichiraku Ramen.

You both ate your ramen and it was time to go home.

"Thanks Kakashi for the food. It was nice catching up with my best friend." You said the last part a little lower so he couldn't hear. You started to make your way home when Kakashi called you.

"(Y/n) do you wanna go get a drank or something?" He asked.

"Yea totally!" You said starting to walk with him.

Why Didn't You Tell Me

You both walked for a few minutes before approaching a bar. You took a seat next to Kakashi and ordered a drink of sake. the bartender gave you a half-pint, you took a sip from the glass. As the sake when down it burned your throat, but soon you got used to the weird feeling.

Last time you when to a bar with Kakashi, you got completely and utterly wasted. You were also on an important mission, how unprofessional. You didn't want that to happen again, especially because you didn't know how you were going to act this time around.

"So Kakashi, how has it been being in the Anbu?" You somewhat questioned.

You tried to break the awkward silence that somehow always found it's way between you and him. You both were old friends, so why was it extremely difficult to have a regular conversation?

"Eh, good I guess." He took a sip from his drink. He strained the liquor through his mask, as usual, leaving a dark stain where his mouth was. "There's a new kid that's going to be joining Tenzo and me on our team. I think his name is Itachi Uchiha." Kakashi answered, appearing to be interested in the kid.

"Wow! an Uchiha joining the Anbu, that's rare." You stated. "How old is the Uchiha anyway?" You questioned, taking another sip from your cup.

He's 13 years old." He answered. "Itachi is one of the youngest kids to join The Anbu Black Ops," Kakashi claimed well swirling his drink around.

"I can't believe Lord 3rd would let someone join the Anbu at that age now!" You said. "When we joined the Anbu, we happened to be that age too. But there was a war going on," You thought about your mother as you said that.

You took the final sip from your glass, finishing it. "Can I get another shot of sake, please!"

After that, the bartender gave you multiple shots of sake. One after another. It also appeared to be the same for Kakashi, though he was never really a drinker. He generally had 1 or 2 drinks when at the bar, yet tonight seemed different. He was downing a number of shots, making the area around his mouth darker. It looked as if something was on his mind like he was upset about something, but what?

Kakashi was never one to show his feelings in front of others, he was always nonchalant about everything. Even in bad situations, he was apathetic about it. You didn't know what to do if you should ask him if he was okay or not. After all, you didn't want to overstep your boundaries. Soon after watching Kakashi swallow his 12th drink, you couldn't stand it anymore. You opened your mouth.

"Ka...ka...Kakashi are you okay?" While you asked him that question, he was about to down his 13th drink, but you stopped him. "Enough Kakashi! Stop it and tell me what's wrong!" You slammed the cup onto the wooden counter, causing the liquids inside to spill out.

"It's none of your damn business! Give me my drink back," Kakashi reached for your hand where the drink lied. Before he could grab the drink, you grasped his wrist.

"Let's go Kakashi! I'm bringing you back to your apartment." You tried to pull him off of the chair. He resisted, but in the end, you won.

"Let me go, dammit!" This was unlike Kakashi, he was acting just like a child. You began to drag him out of the bar, trying not to draw attention to Kakashi or yourself.