Why Now (chapter 9)

Previous chapter...

Edited

Kakashi looked as if he knew the dream himself. Suddenly out of nowhere, Kakashi gave you a hug, it was sweet nice and filled with affection. You were shocked, but you let it happen. It was comforting. It was like all your problems disappeared. You two sat there for a while until you both heard the door open.

Why Now

You two quickly separated, Kakashi when back to reading his book and you laid back down. Why did you two just hug? Why was it so comforting? It was just like before when you two hugged at the park when you were young... Do you really love Kakashi? Several questions when through your head.

"Yo, I'm back!" You heard Tenzo yell, walking into the room.

"Did you get any information Tenzo?" Kakashi asked, still reading his book.

"Yea," He replied coming towards us.

"Tell us what you have found," You said, sitting up.

"It's about the hideout... There have been rumors about it. People say that there are monsters there, loud cries for help. We can confirm that this is Orochimaru's hideout." Tenzo said, staring down with his fists clenched.

"In the morning we will go," Kakashi stated.

"Yes sir," You both said.

*Time-skip to the morning*

You were the first to wake up in the morning like usual, that damn dream kept you up. You chose to go to the bathhouse, it was only 5:30 in the morning. You walked down the hallway and into the bathhouse. You took off all your clothes and then went into the hot spring.

"Ahhh, I missed this." You sighed. "I can't recall the last time I was in a bathhouse and unusually relaxed..." You closed your eyes.

*Flashback*

"(Y/N) come on, we can finally go to the bathhouse and relax!" You saw Rin waving her hand while approaching you.

"Rin, we have a mission. We can't just go to the bathhouse." You said, waiting for her. You, Rin, Kakashi, and Minato-sensei were on a mission to retrieve a scroll from the land of Rice Cakes.

"Come on, Minato-sensei and Kakashi said they would handle it. You need to learn how to relax (Y/N), you're always so serious." Rin stated, walking next to you.

"It's an important mission Rin, we have to be serious." You replied, walking. "But, if you insist on bothering me about this, I'll go." You sighed as heard Rin cheer in delight.

You both entered the bathhouse.

"Ahh, now this is what I need." You heard Rin say as you got into the water.

"Yeah, I guess your right." You spoke.

"(Y/N), you're always serious about everything! You're not going to get a boyfriend like that." Rin joked.

"Excuse me, but I think I'll manage. Last time I checked you didn't have a boyfriend yourself." You giggled, splashing Rin. "Who do you like anyway?" You asked and noticed Rin's face turn red afterwards. "Oh~, let me guess... you like Kakashi!" You teased. Rin's face was as red as a tomato now.

"W-What? How did you know?" Rin asked, flustered as she went under the water.

"Anyone could tell just from the way you look at him.'' You stated. "It's fine if you like him Rin, he probably likes you too. I mean, who wouldn't? You're nice, pretty, funny and hard-working, and Kakashi totally likes girls like that! After all, I am his best friend, I would know." You grinned. Speaking the last part proudly, you were proud to be Kakashi's best friend even if he didn't consider you his.