Chapter 28. Red like blood

Kira, Kerim, Taranis and Arnos managed to ride away from Rodon's camp and they got to the road.

- "Damn it! Stupid Jack. How are we going to get him back now?" cursed Kira.

- "I will fly back and try to find him. He will for sure climb some tree and hide there. If he sees me he will let me know." said Kerim and jumped off the horse.

- "Hurry before they will catch him!" said Kira.

Kerim took off and flew across the forest.

He flew around Rodon's camp but tried to avoid it so nobody sees him. It seemed that nobody is there tho. Kerim flew faster approximately the way I ran off the camp. He flew between the tops of trees so he is not seen from down bellow when suddenly he heard screaming.

He stopped for a second and after he heard it again he followed it. In a few seconds he got to the edge of the forest and had to land on the tree because he saw someone fighting on the shore. It was Skertina. She fought with remaining Rodon's soldiers and she made a lot of mess doing it. There was blood and gore all over the place and two remaining soldiers soon ended impaled as well.

Hrand was hiding behind the rock and he yelled at her.

- "Calm down damn it! If he is not dead you will find him later! Now you've only made it worse!"

- "Shut up! It your fault! I could be kill them already! But you go Noooo! Fuck you!"

- "Yea you must be so happy that you sound normal at least when you curse!"

- "Aaaaaa!" she screamed and ran after him.

He took off and flew away from her.

- "Get down!" she screamed and followed him.

Kerim was surprised and also a bit uneasy. If she was angry she couldn't have kill me. And she was angry right on the edge of a cliff it means I must have jump off it. He quickly flew to the edge of the cliff and head down to the water.

He couldn't find me tho.

Kerim was flying for hours around the cliff but he couldn't find me. Sun was already rising and Kerim was still flying around the cliff. He had to take a break, his wings hurt and so he flew up and landed. Sun shone at the cliffs and revealed that they drag miles away. They were like a white wall with no place to rest on them.

Kerim couldn't believe it.

- "Is he dead? You are not serious Jack, you couldn't drown. Damn it I have to go check further." he thought for himself.

He took off and checked the further side of cliffs. But it was useless. After many hours Kerim landed up on the cliffs and looked down to the water. He sat on the edge and put his head in his hands. He couldn't cry. That would be weak. We never cried. We were strong band. We never cried. We never did.

* * *

Kerim got up and looked again to the shore.

He took off and flew through the forest. After an hour of flight he found a road and checked it for the horse footprints. There were fresh prints leading south which meant others have continued on their journey.

Kerim followed the hoof prints flying and after a while he found Kira, Arnos and Taranis. He landed behind them and they stopped.

They turned back and saw he is alone.

- "I am sorry I... I haven't found him." he said.

- "What? How could you not find him?" asked Taranis.