Chapter 16. "I will not stay for long."

We spent night sleeping in our tents behind the city walls since we didn't want to spend forty drochen for night in a cheapest hotel that there was.

At the morning we headed back to the city to find house of Alza Bork. We were roaming up and down the street a bit until we found that street.

Alza's house was big. I wouldn't even call it a house it was a damn mansion. He had big fence around the place. Like, I know good fence makes good neighbors, but this was a bit too much. We came to the gate and I pulled the rope that was there to signal the bell inside of a house.

Loud sound of a big bell in tower above the mansion sounded and neighbors started cursing.

- "Damn it Alza you old imbecile can't you have a normal bell like everyone else?! We don't need to know someone is coming to your place!" yelled neighbor in next house and then smashed something.

The gate opened a bit and a woman answered us.

- "Can I help you?"

- "Yes we came to mister Alza. We are architects and we would love to have a conversation with such famous person such as him." said Kira.

- "I am sorry but mister Alza is in town. He will be back in about three hours."

- "That is okay we will be back. Thank you." said Kerim and already dragged us away from the gate. Servant closed the gate and we went down the street where Kerim pushed us.

As soon as we were behind the corner Kira asked.

- "Okay what was that about?"

- "You did not recognize her? She is one of that Rodon dude's mercenaries." he said.

- "Seriously? I didn't even notice." I said.

- "Because you were too insulted by Rodon stopping you from getting up." said Taranis.

- "I was not insulted it was just rude to do something like that to a stranger I was shocked."

- "Sure shocked. Let's go we need to ask neighbors what do they do here." said Kerim.

- "Maybe they work for him. After all they are mercenaries." said Kira.

- "We will see about that. I have strange feeling that I will have opportunity to smash through that gate." I said.

We went back to the street and headed to the house of that angry neighbor because if any neighbor will know everything about you it is the pissed one.

We came to his gate and knocked.

We were waiting for a while but nobody answered.

- "Come on man we know you are inside." said Kira for herself.

She looked up and said.

- "Lift me up Jack."

- "Why?" I asked.

- "So I could see over the fence."

I rolled my eyes and lift her. Kira looked above the fence and nodded.

She jumped down and said.

- "Good news everyone. The neighbor is dead."

- "I don't think those are good news in any kind of manner." said Taranis.

- "Oh, those are definitely good news Taranis." I said smiling wide.

- "Why?"

- "Because I will get to smash that gate." I said laughing and I pulled the bell again.