Chapter 11. Labyrinth

By the morning we packed our stuff and, rolled up the map on my shield so we could try to find the way to the keys. The map was not very big it fit on my shield just fine but if I'd say it was hard to read it would understated the situation.

The labyrinth was painted on both sides of the map on each side was a different floor. We were on the ground floor, easy to find on the map, we simply looked for the gate.

But the rest of the labyrinth was very difficult to orient in. There were hundreds of halls, crossroads and specially markings that shoved the traps.

It was nice to know where the traps are but what of it if we didn't know what each mark meant. Like what the hell was supposed to mean the spiral like marking that we would face almost in every direction we would go from here.

We didn't know how to defend ourselves from the traps but therefore we knew where they are we at least had some chance to trigger them before they could kill us.

- "Alright. So, can any of you think of how the key might look like?" asked Kerim.

- "Look for a symbol that you can see only twice." I said.

We started to look on the bottom floor.

Taranis pointed at the middle of the labyrinth saying with silent voice.

- "This one is only one on this side."

It was true the small symbol which looked like letter "L" was only one on this side of the map. Which meant that other key will be on the upper floor. This one was on the opposite side of the labyrinth but there was another symbol that occurred only once on this side of a map. It looked like head of some beast and it was in the square.

We shared uneasy look with each other and Kerim waved his hand at it saying.

- "So what. It can't be worse than usual Vexon we faced almost every Friday in Ranbor." we all nodded and turned the map to the other side.

After a few seconds Kira pointed out the other "L" like symbol in the middle of the upper floor. And again there was other symbol there which seemed like a clock floating on the waves.

We didn't even discuss it and simply started to look for the best way to the upper floor because it was closer.

It was hard. There was a lot of traps here and most of them were near the entrance. Luckily Kerim found a complicated but quite safe road near the outer walls of the labyrinth.

He took the map and we headed out following his lead. We turned left and walked near the outer wall of the labyrinth. So far it was easy. No traps around. We turned right and went back through the hall next to the one we came here through.

After a few steps we turned left again and went alongside the wall.

Suddenly Kerim rose his hand and said.

- "Okay, here we are. First trap. Looks like eh... square with sticks on its inner sides."

- "Don't you say. So we have to do the thing. You know like the last time." I poked him.

- "Yea but don't stand in the middle again Jack." whispered Taranis and we laughed.

Kerim rolled his eyes and pulled out his saber. Me and Taranis went forward and pulled out our shields, one shielding the ground and the other shielding the top.

We went in line and Kerim from behind us poked the ground if he will not trigger the trap. We moved slowly but we were at least covered from anything that might show up.