Chapter 19. Sekmid

Taranis was ashamed and could not say anything more.

I literary got tick in my hands. I held them back only by really trying hard to hold them back. They were screwing as if they were about to grab Taranis' neck and brake it into pieces.

None of us said anything and I was breathing deeply.

- "Hi?!" I asked. - "Where the fuck is Kira?!" I asked even less focused on my ticking hands.

- "She didn't make it to the room."

- "She didn't....." I closed my eyes and grabbed my mouth so I didn't start to yell.

- "I could not help it I was about to send message but they just took me and sent me in the room. I got the good points too fast." apologized Taranis.

- "Good points?! Too fast? Well you better hope you can run really fast!" and just could not hold back anymore I jumped after him and he yanked backwards.

Elira jumped between the two of us and pushed me aside. I felt that she touched my arm and then suddenly I got shocked by some sort of power. And that power threw me backwards so much I fell on the ground.

Elira flew up the hill a bit and also fell on the ground.

I opened my eyes wide and grabbed my arm. It was totally paralyzed. Luckily I got control of it after a few seconds. I got up and came to the others that were standing around Elira who was laying on the ground holding her hand with a painful face.

- "What was that? Are you okay?" I asked and wanted to get her up to sit. She withdrew as much as she could so I didn't touch her and whispered.

- "No. No. Do not touch."

I pulled my hand back.

She rolled on the other side and sat. We kneeled around her and Kerim pulled out the medical kit.

She waved her other hand to signal that it is useless.

- "It is not wounded. It is paralyzed. For a while I hope. But you. Who are you?" she said and looked at me.

We were confused.

- "I am Jack. Jack Redline. Nice to meet you. I guess. And you are?" I said.

- "How is it possible I can't read you. This never happened before. And I touched a quite a lot of humans. Did you go through some ritual? I ... I don't understand." she said.

- "No ritual as far as I know." I said.

- "What reading are you talking about?" asked Kerim.

- "Ah yea I didn't tell you, Elira here is an oracle. While touching someone she can see or read all your past and according to these information she can predict possible future of yours. She is not lying she proved it very persuasively."

- "An oracle? I thought those were only in stories." said Arnos.

- "Stories are true, monsters are real, princess will never get saved from the tower. What can I tell you, sometimes you try to survive by any means necessary and it works. But you Jack. You are off the line. Too much off the line." she said.

- "Maybe if you explained yourself instead of constantly repeating I am off the line we could get it too. I mean this doesn't happen to me every day you know." I said.

She took a deep breath and sat pushing herself away from me. She looked at all of us and then she said.

- "The power of oracles comes from the ancient times. It began when the Ranis created magic. Magic is basically a flow. Everything in existence is considered as a unit. It either is therefore it equals 1 or it isn't and equals 0. No matter the quantity it has its charge. Either 1 or 0 charge. It is like when you make fire and it spreads heat or you extinguish it, there is no heat. And all these charges attract each other which creates flow therefore magic on this planet.