Kobra Kid x Reader - The Only Hope For Me Is You

Start from the beginning

"Hey," you shouted and waved over to the stranger.

Faster than you could look he had lifted his own ray gun and pointed it at your head, ready to take you down if you did one wrong step, but when he saw your colorful clothes and the poor state you were in, he lowered his weapon.

"Anyone else left," he asked, coming straight to business.

"No one, just me," you let him know.

You climbed over a few burnt down beams, closer to the man.

"You live here," he continued asking, his gaze probably wandering over the ruins of you former home, but you could not be sure because his sunglasses hid his eyes.

"Lived," you corrected, "Not anymore, I guess."

He nodded quietly.

"I can take you somewhere safe," he offered, yet his voice was monotone as if he was not touched by the destruction around him in the least.

"Where," you asked.

You needed a new place to stay. Without, it would only be a matter of time before the Dracs found you again. You were still pretty close to the city, only zone 4, so a new place was important. But you could not trust just anyone.

"You know Doctor D," the man asked, kicking around in the ashes to his feet.

"Black hair, wheelchair."

"Heard of the Fabulous Killjoys?"

"Party Poison, Fun Ghoul, Jet Star and-"

"Kobra Kid."

The man pushed the sun glasses up his nose, finally revealing his face to you. You recognized him immediately. The 'wanted' posters back in the city had featured his face, a younger version of the man who stood now in front of you now, but it was the same person, no doubt.

"I'll take you back to our place, maybe Party knows where you can stay," he suggested and turned around to his bike. "You coming?"

You quickly hurried after him. The Fabulous Killjoys had been part of the group that had stormed Battery City all those years ago. In your mind they had always been these amazing heroes, strong, powerful, fearless, and they certainly were, but meeting one of them like this, in the middle of the desert, reminded you that they were just human after all.

~*~

The sun burnt down mercilessly as you rode through the desert, the hot wind in your hair, your arms wrapped around Kobra's middle and your nose buried in his neck. He smelled nice. You had almost forgotten what a pleasant smell was, but even though sweat, dust and smoke coated Kobra's skin, it had a calming effect on you. You felt saver with him. You had not had the time to feel alone yet, but a feeling of being lost had settled into your guts as you had explored the left overs of your former home. With Kobra around you did not feel that lost anymore.

The howling siren of a white BLI car pulled you out of the trance you had fallen into caused by the monotone noise of the wind in your ears and the weirdly attractive smell of Kobra. He cursed under his breath, but you could not understand what he was saying. He threw a few glances over his shoulder and you could sense he had made a decision. It was not the first time you witnessed someone making the decision to stand up against their enemy to fight, nor was it the first time you got into a fight yourself. Kobra shifted under your arms a little and the next moment the machine was kicked into a u turn. You almost lost your grip on the Killjoy, but managed to stay on the motorbike, your knee scrapping painfully over the sand of the Californian desert.

Now you were speeding towards the white car, and without much thought, almost as if your mind had been fused with Kobra's, you pulled out your ray gun, firing at the car. The first shot missed, but with the second you managed to hit the Drac that leant out of the passenger window. The white car was racing towards you and it seemed like an eternity until it reached you, but then it drove past you in just a split second. You felt Kobra tense up again, and this time you were prepared for the u turn, that was not less painful on your knee than the first one, but you kept a better seat this time. Kobra sped up, shooting towards the BLI car that seemed to slow down in return.