chapter sixty-four: drugs isn't a solution

A/N: Heyy, new chapter today :) I hope you like it :D

Spencer’s point of view

Michelle walked into her room to call Katheryn, so I checked again if I had packed everything. Four trousers, four shirts, four pairs of socks, thee ties… I walked to my bedroom to pick up the fourth tie.  On my way to the living room, I heard Michelle crying instead of talking. I didn’t know if I should go to her or not, but as I was thinking this, I had already opened the door.

“Michelle, what’s wrong?” I asked worried. I sat next to her on her bed. She didn’t say a word, she just showed me the phone and pressed play.

“Hi Michelle, it’s River. I don’t know if you have plans for tonight… but, uhm… I thought maybe we could go to a movie or restaurant. So, uhm… Yeah, uhm… Call me back, okay? I love you, bye!”

When the voicemail was finished, she started crying harder.

“Are you sure you want to come with us to Las Vegas instead of staying here?” I asked. I was worried about her, and I can’t work when I’m worried, so I might as well stay home with her.

“Yes, because I need some distraction. Besides, I still haven’t met your mom.” She said, wiping away her tears.

“Well… Uhm, okay… Have you packed everything?” I asked. She nodded, while biting her lip and fighting back tears.

“Hey, come here…” I pulled her into a hug.

“It’s going to be okay…”

I looked at the clock.

“Have you called Katheryn already?” I asked. She shook her head.

“Well… we’re going to the jet in 30 minutes, so you can call her now if you want.”

“I don’t think 30 minutes is enough, I will call her when we get in Vegas.” She answered. After a few minutes of silence, she suddenly said:

“I sometimes wish I was dead. Not only because of my parents and River, but because living hurts. Thinking hurts.” I understand what she meant. Not being able to forget some things really hurt. Painful memories get thrown at you all the time.

“I know. But killing yourself isn’t the option. We just have to find a way to deal with it.” I said.

“Did you find a way already? To deal with difficult memories?” she asked.

“Well… I’ve tried drugs once, but that’s also not a solution. It only works temporary, and then you need more and more and-” she cut me off.

“You’re kidding, right?” she asked.

“I wish I was. Four years ago, a guy named Tobias Hankel abducted me. He had multiple personality disorder, and one of his alter personalities tortured me while broadcasting it to the team.” I said. She looked very shocked.

“Another personality drugged me with Dilaudid, and I escaped reality in those moments. After I shot him and the team rescued me, I sneaked out the drugs from his pocket. I became addicted.” Right now wasn’t the time to talk about this, because we had to leave in less than ten minutes.

“I have been clean now for almost three years.” I said with a small smile.

“But it costs a lot of energy to quit, so I suggest we have to find another solution. And I’ve seen that drinking also isn’t the best idea, so let’s not try that.” I said with a smile. She smiled back. After a minute I said:

“Get up, we’ve got to go now, otherwise we will miss the jet.”

A/N: Heyy, what was your favorite part in my story so far??

And I have another questions, it is about my exo shorts. They are short love stories and currently written from a 'you'-perspective. In short love stories, so you prefer reading from a 'you'-perspective or from an 'I'-perspective? Please answer this...

Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter :D
bye xxx