Chapter 46

Layla's POV

"That looks nice." I hear a deep Italian accent.

I look up meeting a pair of dark brown eyes and smile. Luca.

He had his dark hair, raked to the side and he had his usual attire, which was a black suit with a red tie.

"I'm drawing that" I point out to the clear wall show-casting the balcony along with the outside city, I'm in Killian's room since he has a much nicer view.

He follows my gaze and smiles. "I see" he takes a seat on my bed as I continue to draw.

I bought a whole load of clothes and stuff with Killian yesterday. Which consists of mostly artsy stuff, like paint bottles, colourful-paged books, notepads, HB pencils, feltips, crayons, glue, and stickers. Lots of stickers.

"How's your neck?" He asks after a while.

I look up and smile at him. "It doesn't hurt much anymore, I'm sorry for saying those stuff to you, but we're still friends."

"Good to hear." he grins, nodding his head as he looks back at my drawing.

"You're really talented, you know that?" He looks back at me and I shrug.

"I used to take art classes but they dropped me out." I continue to draw.

"What? Why the hell would they do that?" He asks in shock.

"My coursework got ruined, and I had no pieces left, my teacher said I wasn't commited and chucked me out" I frown but shrug again.

"How did it get ruined?"

"Mum tore them apart because she said Art will get me no where and is only for those who fail at everything else" I continue drawing. "It was my first year of taking art so it didn't matter that they chucked me out, they transferred me to business studies instead" I scrunch my nose up. "But I hated it, and the teacher hated me. I did my exam last month and I'm getting my results on August, but I don't think I can get them."

"That's horrible" he shakes his head, his eyes darkening with rage. "A child should never go through that, art takes time, skill and patience, Its a different form of intelligence, and your parents seem to lack that" he gives me a small smile, and I return it.

"I will figure something out for you to receive your grades." He then says.

"Really?"

He nods. "And you should take art further some day. You really are good." He looks down at my drawing and my cheeks redden slightly.

"I don't know about that."

He frowns. "Why?"

"I don't have my level one and I think it's too late to earn that" I frown.

He shakes his head. "It's never too late, tesoro. You can get that anytime, I could even help you pay for that." He smiles. "How'd you like to do an online course?"

My eyes widen slightly. "R-Really?" He chuckles at my reaction and nods.

"Right here, I'll book you the British version, and for the two years here, you'll be finished in no time."

My cheeks were turning even more red now.

"But will I have time? Killian said he needs me for stuff.." I look up at him and he chuckles, shaking his head.

"I think he mostly said that because he enjoys your company."

I frown. "What?"

"I'm sure you'll do him a few favours but not much you'll have plenty of time to finish the course." He grins.