Chapter 1

Layla's POV

"LAYLA!"

I jump out of my thoughts, looking up to see my geography teacher, Miss Robinson, glaring at me. She's a chubby tall woman with a bob hair and she's wearing a long black dress with matching big glasses.

"If you're done staring at the back of Michael's head, I'd like you to answer this question." She taps the whiteboard with a marker. My cheeks redden with her statement and I scowl.

She just had to embarrass me like that.

Michael, the brunette, turns around with a smirk playing on his smug face.

I roll my eyes. He's one of those idiots who thinks he's all that when really he's just a little boy with a massive ego.

"She's staring again." He says loudly and my mouth falls open as everyone bursts out laughing.

He winks at me before turning around and I cover my face as I feel all eyes on me.

What a fucking ass!

"Miss Brooks I'm waiting!" Mrs Robinson snaps again in her annoying deep voice.

I don't respond and continue to scowl with my face beet red.

"MISS BROOKS, DO NOT IGNORE ME!" Her voice echos through the class.

"Miss Brooks, do not ignore me." I mimick quietly, with a sneer and everyone bursts out laughing again.

Oh shit. That came out louder then expected.

I lift my head up again and look straight at the board. "Urm.. so the volcano-"

"PRINCIPALS OFFICE. NOW!" She screams, and I jump slightly, moving my gaze back to her. Her face full on red, and I could practically see the steam coming out of her ears.

I stay in my seat for a while, trying to stay calm. After a while I slowly lift myself off my seat and begin to gather my stuff up. After I'm done I shove them in my backpack and swing it over my shoulders.

"Shortie's slower than a slug." Michael comments showing off his lack of intelligence. In which everyone laughs again. I roll my eyes, making my way to the door and exiting, blocking out their annoying laughter.

Idiots.

I hate that class. But I don't mind the subject, it's just the teacher, and students who I really hate.

I fix the strap on my shoulder and begin walking but stop on my tracks when I see my sister far ahead. She has long dark brown hair-like mine. But her eyes are green which contrast to my grey ones. She's wearing a navy dress that goes up to her bare knees.

I could hear the clicks of her heels getting closer and I look around in panic.

She can't see me or I'm dead when I get home.

My eyes land on the grey bins just far to my right and I quickly dash towards them and scramble behind, squatting down.

I scrunch my nose up, inspecting the area. There was a rotten banana peel there, a...oh god what is that..no I'm not even gonna name what that is.

The stench here is so intoxicating I feel like puking eugh. I shuffle away from the trash with a grimace.

There's a bin here for a reason people!

I continue to shuffle away but my back hits something hard.

I let out a grunt, trying to push myself back. I crane my neck upwards and I furrow my brows.