Chapter 40

Layla's POV

I decided to wear my black crop top with grey shorts but now I'm starting to reconsider, as I stare down at myself with a grim expression.

I usually wear baggy full sleeved shirts along with leggings but the butthole didn't bother grabbing my bottom drawer stuff.

Oh and I decided against wearing a bra. I never do in summer, and these crop tops reach up to my collarbone, so they aren't even that noticeable.

I tug on the hem of my shorts. Gosh showing my belly and arms are one thing but my legs. Ugh.

Doesn't help that I have an outie belly button. Looks weird but yanno what....I don't even care.

When I hear a door open, I snap my head to the right. A really tall man exits from the door next to the restroom with a bunch of keys in his hand. He was about 6ft tall, looked to be around his early 30s.

His dark brown hair is gelled backwards, and he's wearing a white half-sleeved shirt- showing off his big muscles-(but not as big as Killian's)- with that he had on a pair of grey joggers.

He didn't notice me, as he then turned and locked the door before making his way to the exit.

"Um, hello!" I call out. He stops in his tracks and immediately looks at me and I begin to wave, with a big smile on my face.

He grins back, before giving me a small wave. "Hey there." His deep voice rumbled in a a slight Italian accent.

I quickly zip up the luggage, before making my way over to him.

"Are you the pilot?" I ask, as I stop just in front of him, up close I notice he has dark brown eyes, and tanned skin along with a bit of stubble.

He gives me a pearly white smile, nodding his head.

"You must be, Layla, right?" He crosses his arms, and I notice a ring on his wedding finger.

"Yeah, Layla Brooks." I nod. "Nice to meet you." I bring my hand up for him to shake, and he lets out a small chuckle.

"Likewise. I'm Alfonso Luca." He says, before accepting it, giving it a firm shake.

Alfonso Luca.

Luca.

Where have I heard the name Luca before?

"Oh!" I lift my finger up. "I had an English teacher and she has a son called Luca!"

He lets out a laugh. "Oh?"

I nod. "I really liked her, she was always so nice and that's why I was passing my English class, you're Italian right? her husband is Italian aswell and--"

I cut myself off when his phone begins to ring. He fishes his phone out of his pocket, and I tiptoe and look to see who it is.

Killian.

I look back up at him and meet his eyes which are full of amusement. "Give me a minute, tesoro." He mutters, before his eyes flicker elsewhere as he accepts the call.

Tesoro. Tesco?

He listens to Killian speak, as he shoves his keys to his pocket.

He sounded a bit angry.

Oh shit, I just realised I've spent over twenty minutes in here.

"Yes, lei è carina."

I snap my eyes back at him, as he speaks in Italian, his own eyes flickering to mine.