Chapter 25

Layla's POV

"Layla." Jack calls from behind me.

Fucks sake.

Why does he keep following me?!

I turn around. Raising a brow, trying to push back the raging anger.

He stops in front of me and smiles and I frown. "What do you want Jack?" I let out a breath.

He opens his mouth but closes it. I wait for a bit, then roll my eyes, turning around and walking again.

"Wait!" he calls out and I ignore, continuing to walk.

I feel him grab my wrist and I pull away harshly.

"WHAT?"

He takes a step back, surprised from my outburst.

"I just... want to say I'm sorry." He mutters in a low voice.

I sigh. "It's fine." I nod. Forcing a smile, before walking away.

"I was just fourteen and..." He trails off. I stop in my tracks.

"I had a bit of a crush on Heidi." He mutters.

I press my lips in a thin line. "I understand."

"But when I saw what they did to you, my liking towards her was gone."

Clenching my jaw, I turn around.

"Really?"

He nods.

"Bull fucking shit." I growl. His eyes widen and he opens his mouth.

"You saw me more hurt than Heidi, yet you went to her and helped her, when she just had a fucking measley scrape on her elbow." My voice raises slightly and I take a deep breath.

I watch as guilt fills his eyes. He takes a step towards me, but I take a step back.

"She called me a bitch. What did you fucking say after?" I growl.

He remains quiet.

"What. Did. You. Fucking. Say. After." I raise my voice again.

He still doesn't speak and I scoff.

"You aren't sorry. Otherwise you wouldn't lie to me." my lips begin to tremble, and I push the tears inside.

I laugh humourlessly.

"You seemed so nice when I met you." I shake my head. "But you're just a fucking two-faced prick."

Hurt fills his eyes and I turn around.

"Why are you really talking to me? Is it because Heidi left? So you need me to keep you guys connected?"

"No, I just–" his voice comes out quickly, but I cut him off.

"Okay." My voice cracks. "Bye." I walk away, thankfully he doesn't follow and then I enter my class, late.

~~~~~~~~

"We should have a girls out." Cara tells me over the music and chatter of the boys behind us.

"Um..sure." I reply, as I make a right turn.

I'm not supposed to be driving until I'm eighteen but I've secretly been practicing with Donald and he's letting me use his car.

I park against Donald's curb, but press the brake too hard by accident, causing it to jolt.

"Sorry!" I squeak, looking at Cara.