Chapter 63

Layla's POV

"Heidi have you seen Killian?" I frown, looking at the clock that reads 7pm.

"Oh yeah, he went out with Kian early in the morning. Should come in a bit though." She licks her finger as she flicks some pages on her story book.

"What are you reading?" I sit on her bed.

"I'm reading the chocolate box series from my favourite author. Cathy Cassidy." She smiles. "I'm on the first book which is Cherry Crush."

"Ooh, I've read one of her books. It was called Looking through Glass."

"I love that book, sad when that girl falls down the stairs and slits her cheek open." She purses her lips.

My mind drifts back to when me and Kaleb had a detention with Mr Headly for singing, that was when he made us read one of the books from the shelf and I had chosen that one.

I let out a sad sigh, blinking away the thin layer of tears that form. I just miss my friends so much.

I know I've been crying a lot lately and I wish I could control my emotions but ever since I left my friends they've just been going haywire. My friends were my strength they've been there for me ever since nursery. Now that I don't see them anymore, I've become weaker, I never realised how much I needed them until we parted. I'm not strong afterall like I thought I was, I realise I relied on them too much..

"Hey, you alright?" Heidi nudges me, and I look at her smiling and nodding, and she smiles back, looking back at her book.

After a moment of thinking I look back at her. "Um. Heidi?"

"Yes?" She looks at me.

"Do you have your phone–" I cut myself off when I hear the loud bang of the door downstairs.

"KIAN!" Heidi squeals, rushing out the door and I roll my eyes.

I stay on her bed for a moment, my eyes drifting around her bed until they land on her pink cased iPhone. I look at the door before quickly grabbing it and switching the phone on.

I groan when I see there's a password on her phone.

Putting it back down, I scramble off Heidi's bed pulling my risen dress down as I walk out of the room, and head downstairs. I walk to the living room where I hear a lot of chatter and enter.

I spot Heidi and Kian standing at the corner. Kians 5'6ft and she's 5'4. They look so good together. Kian whispers something into her ear and I watch her cheeks tint red as she lets out a giggle. And I smile, feeling happy for her.

Killians POV

I watch her standing at the door, looking absolutely beautiful with her hair down like usual, cascading down her back, some strands going down her shoulders.

Her eyes scan the room and when they meet mine, her smile widens as she approaches me.

"Hey, love." I give her a smile eyeing the well-fit dress she had on that reached down to her knees. She sits down on the couch next to me, pushing her hair back as she stares up at me curiously. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Why?" I sneak my arms around her waist pulling her closer to me and she shrugs. "You just look a bit angry."

"Nah, I'm not." Truth be told, Mike had pissed me off today, like always. Hence why he's got a new forming bruise on his old one I gave him a few days ago. He never learns.

She nods in response, her gaze moving around the room again, as I begin to play with her hair, tucking a strand under her ear as I lean down and whisper. "You look very sexy in this dress." I pull away a bit, as I watch heat creep up her neck, peaking to her ears and I chuckle, running my thumb along her cheek feeling the warmth of it.