Chapter 2

Layla's POV

After detention I was currently walking home.

My family always hated me, I don't know why but they always have. When I failed maths I guess that gave them a reason to finally show their hatred. Pathetic really, but honestly I couldn't care less anymore.

Since I stopped recieving my 'pocket money' eight years ago, I had no choice but to then 'borrow' some off Heidi, in order to buy some basic things like pads, a phone etc. I found the money in literally 2 minutes.

It was in her underwear drawer.

To be honest there was more money than underwear, I don't know how much was in there but it was hell of a lot.

But I know for sure mum and dad wouldn't give her that much. I mean.. they can't even spare me a pound.

But then again they hate me.

Whatever it is, it seems fishy. Maybe she's a drug dealer, maybe not.

I don't even care.

When I see my house come into view I sigh.

It's a two-story white house with a black door.

Walking towards it-I fish out my rusty key (go figure) and unlock the door, entering. I slip my shoes off, and throw my bag on the corridor.

I ascend the stairs, but stop midway. I sniff and furrow my eyebrows.

Is that smoke?

My eyes widen and I quickly dash upstairs and burst through my bedroom door.

My mouth falls open at the sight and I grit my teeth as anger rushes through my veins.

How fucking dare she!

There, Heidi stands with a lighter in her hand.

And you can probably guess what she's doing.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!?"

After lighting another one of my shirts on fire and chucking it out of the window she turns around- her lips twitch up into a smirk, and she grabs another one of my favourite hoodies.

I let out a growl before, dashing towards her and grabbing her arm, causing her to drop the lighter.

And that's when both my parents barge inside. My dad coming in first- he has dark brown hair with a few grey strands along with a scruffy beard, his eyes are grey like mine and he's 6'1ft tall. Following after him is my mother who also has dark brown hair and green eyes-like Heidi and she's 5'5ft tall.

"WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?!" My dads voice booms through the room. His eyes flying over to us and then to the firm grip I have on my sister and his oh-so-precious daughter.

As I open my mouth to speak, Heidi shoves me away, causing me to lose my balance and fall onto the floor.

She runs to mom, rubbing her arm and hugs her, sniffling.