Chapter XX

The second task is today and I need to get my mind together. I have been feeling horribly bad since the Yule Ball when it comes to the twins. I feel bad to be with them but I feel mad when I am not with them. Angelina decided to take advantage of my moment of confusion to get closer to Fred. I completely stopped talking to anyone. I cry myself to sleep but I know it is not for them. I have a horrible feeling that something extremely bad is coming my way. I sometimes even think I am the problem that will occur to me.

            I am walking towards the boats that will lead us to the middle of the BlackLake but wait before going on one. George promised me to be here with me few days ago.

            “Analeigh, please stop walking!” George says.

            I can’t stop or else I’ll start crying in his face and I don’t want that. I have to be mentally ready to achieve the first task and seeing him or Fred won’t do me good.

            “I understand what you are going through Analeigh!” He adds.

            I stop and turn around instantly, tears threatening to spill out.

            “How can you understand what I live?” I ask, too harshly to my liking.

            “Because you make me go through it!”

            I feel like something is stuck in my throat and doesn’t allow me to breath. There goes the selfish again. I take my distance because I feel horrible and now I completely forget that they still love me because of my sorrow.

            “Analeigh, you make me go through it.” He says, sounding like a whisper filled with emotions I haven’t heard come out of him before. “You can try to push me away from you as much as you won’t and I will give you the space you need. You just need to understand that pulling a rubber band for too long can make it break after a certain time.” He adds.

            How can he possibly still love me? I don’t understand how this thing can happen. I made a mess upon everything and now I’m hurting him and he still loves me. Fred found himself some comfort very fast. I loved them both and they loved me. Fred found comfort elsewhere because, behind his ‘feelings for me’, he had someone else in mind. George didn’t and still doesn’t. Perhaps I did make my choice but I couldn’t just admit it to myself. Perhaps I felt so low and broken I though I couldn’t be healed by only one person but by two. Perhaps I felt horrible because George shared me with his brother because he though it would make me happy.

            I put one hand on the back of his neck and wrap my right arm around him. He hugs me tightly as I can hear few sobs escape his lips. He buries his face in my neck which makes me feel his cold tears on my skin. I wrap my fingers in his hair and kiss his cheek.

            “I’m sorry George.” I whisper in his ear.

            I cry but I don’t make any sound. I don’t want him to hear me. I don’t want him t comfort me because, right now, I’m the one who’s suppose to comfort him.

            I pace around the deck and see the boats leave one after another. I receive some good luck every now and then from students that are leaving. I see Harry and Neville arrive. Harry looks as nervous as I am.

            “You look nervous Harry.” Neville says.

            “Do I?” He asks sharply.