Chapter XVII

The past few weeks have been absolutely amazing. Fred and George found some mystical way to make me happier then before. We have been walking hand in hand together or separately which doesn’t draw any sorts of attention. We have been doing this since first year so nobody suspects anything. I have come to understand how different the twins were. Fred loves to be gently and sweet by showing me his love step by step and George prefers making me understand how much he loves me right away. I sometimes feel bad for doing this but they let me know that all they want is for the three of us to be happy.

            Just when I though things couldn’t get better, I proved myself wrong.

            “The Yule Ball has been a tradition for many years now and I do not want to see any of the Slytherins brake it. I do find this idiotic for me to teach you dances but Dumbledore asked me.” Snape hisses.

            I lean on a wall near a window with my arms crossed. I try as hard as I can to not laugh. The same man who always walks with his back as straight as an arrow, with his chest puffed out and his chin up is the same man that is simply standing in the middle of the room with the word embarrassment written all over his forehead.

            “I doubt any of you actually want to understand what this dance is about so I still wonder why I should teach you anything.” He says.

            He’s trying to leave this moment behind but he knows he doesn’t have a choice so he blames us. Let’s have fun.

            “Professor Snape, you must be mistaken.” I say out loud.

            Every eye turns to me and so does his. If any of us find it interesting, he won’t be able to escape this uncomfortable moment. I smirk as I see him wordless. Unfortunately for me, his expression changes fast. His cunning self has a plan to make mine backfire.

            “Well, miss Lavinia, if there are indeed few people interested in this room then I doubt you will refuse to give me a hand for the presentation.” He says with his usual boring voice.

            My eyes widen instantly as I realize that I should’ve just stand back and wait for everything to end. I try to find an excuse but nothing comes in my head. I see a smirk form on his face. He thinks he won. I started this plan; I won’t back away just because of him. I’m not a coward like the other students in this house. I stand straight and walk to him. His victorious look flies away and so does his dignity. I let the corner of my mouth curve and place one of my hands on his shoulder and the other in his hand. His free hand goes to my waist which makes me wince in discomfort. The slow music starts and he doesn’t have to count the timing: I know what I’m doing.

            “Are you waiting for an invitation to start practicing?” He says to the classroom.

            The girls go on their feet but none of the boys stand. Each of them just go to a guy, grabs his wrist and forces him to dance. I look back up at Snape and caught him staring at me.

            “Brave lady.” He says before I can say any remarks.

            He makes a sudden spin but I manage to follow him somehow.

            “It came to my notice that you have been walking around with the two Weasley boys.” He quietly says.

            “And it came to my notice that you are stalking me.” I reply and shoot him a repressive smile.

            “I thought I mentioned to not go too close to these boys.”

            “Since when have you been father?”