Chapter X

“Are you going to put your name in the cup Analeigh?” Ron asks as he walks around it next to Harry.

            The cup has been placed and an age line has been casted around it to be sure that no one trespasses it and tries to put his name into it. As I am about to reply, Fred and George run in with a small bottle in their hands.

            “We made it this morning!” Fred and George loudly say.

            Everyone cheers and push them to drink it.

            “It’s not going to work.” Hermione teases them.

            “As much as it’s hard to say it, Hermione is right.” I add.

            Fred sits next to me with his face very close to me and George goes near Hermione.

            “Oh yeah?” Fred asks me.

            “And how is that?” George enquires.

            “This is an age line that Dumbledore drew himself.” I say as I point to the blue circle.

            “So?” Fred asks.

            Can these two be more stupid? Hermione closes her book and laughs a bit.

            “So… A genius like Dumbledore couldn’t possibly be fooled by a pathetically dim-witted as an aging potion.” Hermione points out.

            “Ah, but that’s why it’s so brilliant.” Fred says.

            “Because it’s so pathetically dim-witted.” George finishes.

            I shake my head as both of them jump on the stool and shake their potions.

            “Ready Fred?”

            “Ready George?”

            “Bottoms up!” They say at the same time and take a sip.

            They jump in and, at the sight of nothing happening, every cheers. They walk around with a huge smile and stop in front of it.

            “Ready?” They ask.

            They throw their names into the cup and high five each other. At the same moment, the flames inside the cup throw themselves in every directions and project Fred and George away. I stand on my feet and run to them. I push few students away and see both of them with grey hair on their faces.

            “You said!” George screams.

            “You said!” Fred repeats.

            They jump on each other and start to fight.

            “FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!” Everyone yells.

            I hit Harry and Ron in the ribs and tell them to stop clapping. They do so but they can’t help but smile. I walk towards Fred –I think- and pull him away. A big silence wins over the crowd and all heads are turned towards the cup where Viktor stands. He puts his name in and, before leaving, gives a smile to Hermione. I hit the twins’ arm and point at her. She’s blushing and looking down at the ground.

            “Granger has crush on the Bulgarian.” I say.

            “Ron might get jealous.” Fred points out.