Chapter V

I was over thinking too much to realize that Freddie was coming closer to me. He is nervous. He is shy. He moves with no confidence. I know why: he is led by his emotions. His head is leaning closer to mine.

            “I know you. You… you won’t hurt me, will you?” His voice betrays his inner panic.

            I put my hand on his cheek and he wraps his arm around my waist to pull me closer to him.

            “I might. But never in my right mind will I mean it.” I whisper.

            He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath which pulls my soul closer to him. In a swift movement my lips collapsed to him. A messy but amazingly emotional kiss. He takes my arms and places them around his neck. I let him control me like a vulgar puppet. The wires to my being are available to his touch.

            The sharp pain comes back. I push myself away from him and grip my shirt tightly in my hand. I fall on my knees and take the clothes he left on the counter –by accident- in my fall. The buzzing sound fills my ears and transports me into another dimension.

            I open my eyes.

            “Can I come in Analeigh?” Fred asks.

            I am under the shower again. I take to towel and get out once more.

            “Come in.” I quietly say.

            He opens the door with the same pile of clothes. He comes in and puts it down on the counter.

            “Your trunk is in Hermione’s and Ginny’s room. I didn’t want to wake them up so I brought you some of my clothes.”

            I turn around and put my hand on the fabric.

            “Thanks.” I simply reply.

            Before I can take it and change, Fred quickly places his hand on top of mine. I look up and frown.

            “I know something is wrong Analeigh.”

            I slowly jerk my hand away and look down. I don’t dare to look in his eyes. I saw his expression in the dream. I don’t want to see it again. I don’t or I can’t, one or the other.

            “I’m fine.” I reply.

            I try to fake happiness as much as I can but I’m sure he saw through it. When you suffer, we suffer too. When you suffer, we suffer too. I couldn’t get these words out of my head. He opens his mouth to say something but I know what is about to come out of his mouth.

            “Freddie. I’m fine. Promise.” I say.

            I smile with the last bit of happiness I had left. It didn’t last long, but it was real. He looks in my eyes as if he was analyzing me. I can’t let him watch too long or else he’ll see. I look at the clothes and take them in my hands.

            “Thank you for the clothes.”

            He nods and gives me a weak smile.

            “I’ll wait for you outside.” He warns.

            He gets out the door and closes it slowly. I can finally breathe normally and relax. I don’t want to think about this anymore. Spending too much time on it will make me over think negatively. Fred is right anyways: when I suffer, they suffer which means that when I’m happy, they are happy and vice-versa.

            I unfold the clothes and see that he brought me his favourite shirt. The pants he brought were already too small for him. He probably was about to give it to Ron. I dress and put my hair in a ponytail. I am comfortable and I look surprisingly normal. I open the door and see Fred and George waiting for me. George sees me and smiles which makes Fred turn around to look at me.

            “How do I look?” I ask.

            They both smile widely and nod.

            “Not bad.” George says.

            I laugh and walk back to the room with the twins following me.

            It was later in the morning and we can already hear the others wake up. It was easy to get over what happened this morning. They understand that we all go through these moments so they let it go. A knock at the door interrupts our laughter and Molly’s head is seen through the gap.

            “Come down for breakfast dearies.” She says as a smile follows.

            We nod and get up. Fred gets out first. I look behind me and see that Georgie is still sitting on the bed. He’s looking up at the ceiling.

            “What’s up Georgie?” I ask as I walk to him.

            He looks at me with a sparkle in his eye and a faint smile on his lips.

            “I love you Analeigh.” He simply says.

            I stop moving. Something inside of me just snapped. I look at him to be sure that the moment is real.

            “What?” I ask.

            That feeling I had this morning comes back. He seems so relaxed and serene. His eyes were peaceful. He looks back at the ceiling.

            “I need you. I love you.” He replies.

            I don’t know what goes through my mind but I walk to him. He looks at me like he didn’t expect me to accept it. His back on the wall and his legs sitting like on a chair, I approach so my knees touch his.

            “I need you too.”

            I wasn’t lying. I need him. For What? I don’t know yet. He gets his back off the wall and grabs my waist hungrily. A lust of hop shines in his eyes. George pulls me closer to him slowly. I sit on his lap with my legs on each side of him. His hands rub my side up and down as I place my hands on his cheeks. My forehead on his and our eyes closed, we simply enjoy the other’s company. I lean closer to him and peck his lips softly. I open my eyes and see him smirk widely. I place my lips on his once more but express my feelings with a deeper kiss. His adventurous hands slide from the bottom of my back up my spine under Fred’s shirt.

            I feel the sharp pain once more for a quick second.

            I open my eyes.

            “Come down for breakfast dearies.” Molly says as a smile follows.

            I look at the door and there she was, with her head in the gap of the door. Fred is sitting on his bed like before and George is next to me. Fred gets up and leaves the room.

            “Is everything alright Ana?” He asks as he places his hand on my left shoulder.

            I don’t know. I can’t answer him. What could I answer anyway? Well, you just said you loved me and your brother does too. That or: I kissed both of you back. I don’t know which one is bigger. I turn my head to face him and simply smile. I put my hand on top of his and get up. I lead him to the door but before I can open it so we can leave, George pushes the door close from behind me. I am only few inches away from it but I can see his hand right in front of me. His other hand is still in mine.

            “I dreamed of you last night.” He whispers, his mouth so close to me.